What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

Thriller.

It's a old British murder, mystery anthology series that ran from 1973-1976. Similar to tales of the unexpected, but better & longer.
I bought the dvd boxset a few years ago and only watched a few episodes. Typical. So I started it again. It's hit & miss. There's some very hoakey plots, but I like it. Of its time. Incredibly slow moving. An episode is 60-70 minutes, but feels longer. There's a lot of silence, well the hum of analog. Shades of brown, orange & mustard yellow . And every British character actor of the era.....& a few Americans.

watched a couple of episodes of 'Fear the Walking Dead' yesterday. The first 2 episodes were very slow moving. Lots of uninteresting characters. Hopefully the pox will spread a bit faster in the next few to kill off the boring fuckers and leave us with anyone remotely interesting.

Its hard to watching anything walking-dead related without Daryl though. I hope he makes an appearance at some point.
this got absolutely amazing around season 4/5 when it became

a spin-off season of The Walking Dead about Morgan

I mean, I knew he'd be in it because he's on some of the publicity shots for the series, but finally, FINALLY

there are likable characters in it. John, Al and Morgan are great. The rest are a bunch of arseholes. There are literally no conventional goodies and baddies. Its just baddies vs baddies. Now Morgan is on the scene, THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE

Thanks to you pricks for the Superstore tip - I am ploughing through it. Glenn is a hero, some of the secondary characters (eg the cynical guy who films traimp fights?) are amazing, and I especially love the little customer vignettes with accompanying soundtracks - did you catch the bowling alley scene into the crate of beer with Twisted Sister playing in the background. So surreal. Love it!

Anyone else watching Invincible??
Animated superhero show, for all the Teenager who is coping with new superpowers while coping with being in school troupe is being played out, the violence, and multi sub plots, more than make up for it.

I like Jonah and Amy, but yeah, Glenn is a hero. One of the best comedy characters I've seen in a long time. If they do an ill advised spin off, it should be about Glenn and Jerusha and their many foster children, rather than Cheyenne and Bo, which I think is the plan.

I watched going straight, on YouTube. It's the follow up to porridge (I'm so cutting edge)
Not one that's repeated much. It's okay. Only 6 episodes made. A proposed second series was cancelled after the death of Richard Beckinsale in 1979. I like the characters, it has some good moments (fletch meeting McKay on the train) but it's not a patch on porridge.

Last edited:
Got through American Gods.
Also watched all of Good Omens, which was much better than everyone said.

One complements the other I think. Still AG is a hard slog. I'm glad I finished it.

There's this "The last 100 days of the war" documentary series on RTE's Hitler Saturday Evening double bill slot, been watching them and they're class. All about how the US-Brits were basically just racing the Russians to get to Berlin. It shows how the Germans pretty much collapsed on the Western Front, but fought far harder in the East because they didn't want to surrender to the Russians after 4 years of blowing the shit out of Western Russia.

this got absolutely amazing around season 4/5 when it became
re the above (about Fear the Walking Dead), season 4 is amazing. Season 5 is DREADFUL. Its a shame how bad its after getting.

The whole thing was an amazing series of happy coincidences, certainly in comparison to the original series where they'd kill off a main character at the drop of a hat.

Last night I watched the bit where

they were at the oil-field and had just placated Logan and his troops. They were clearly done with that storyline so they had those cowboys roll in and just shoot them all. Absolutely hilariously obvious that they no longer needed the characters so just kill them the fuck off.

apparently season 6 of this started in the US last night. I can't see it lasting a whole lot longer if its gonna be as bad as season 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back