What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I loved Derry Girls meself. I do think both seasons hadn't earned their big emotional climax in their last episodes and should have stuck with the jokes but it's a minor complaint really.

I read Normal People, good book, be fucked if i'm watching 6 hours of it being told again though. I'll read her new book later this year as well. She's an excellent writer, I don't know how she stumbled into being successful.

Binged all of Disenchantment. Good, but it had been a long while since watched the previous season, so took a while to get with the overall story arc.
Should clarify, it's season 3 that was binged.
Currently just started The Night stalker documentary. Curious to see where this goes, as I've been binging on serial killer documentaries (also the name of the channel) on youtube, and recently saw the documentary on him.

I liked most of Derry Girls, though I found the way everyone treated Tommy Tiernan's character like dogshit pretty uncomfortable. The "what do Catholics and Protestants have in common" scene was class

He was lucky he was treated that well to be fair.

I just watched the first episode of the classic #alfredhitchcock presents TV show. It dawned on me that I'd seen this story before, and yep..here it is in #comic form. Both TV and comic strip are based on the short story Revenge by Samuel Blas

Informer with Paddy Considine

I love PC so I'm enjoying this but its got a few minor problems that I'm prepared to overlook. Good show

The avengers (series 5) on ITV4. Originally aired 1967. I had never watched a full episode until recently. I kind of like it despite the fact that it's absolute nonsense. So of its time. Deliberately ridiculous, campy rubbish. But it's really stylishly done. Diana Rigg (RIP) wears a different outfit in every scene and looks great in all of them. I really theme tune & incidental music as well.

Last edited:
Still say they're not really comparable. I get why people would prefer the US one, the UK one is quite hateful but that's the point really.

I love the UK office. Its up there with the greats imho.
Can't stand the US office. I've watched a good few episodes. I find it really annoying and unfunny.
It misses all the nuisance of the British version. I guess I prefer the Brits sense of humour.
But in fairness if the UK had made as episodes and the US it would have run out of steam as well.

like em both, but never really followed the US one properly as it's 8,000 episodes long.

UK one is still great despite this

263e78adb76741f1a5d3b0de14857d36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back