What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

Just watched The Third Day. Really good. I don't think I'm able for the live 12hour episode though

It's bad but watchable
nahhhh, it was watchable in that I watched it but the whole thing could have been done in a film so slight was the plot. I wasn't mad on the Haunting of Hill house but it was at least trying with some fancy technical episodes and stuff.

nahhhh, it was watchable in that I watched it but the whole thing could have been done in a film so slight was the plot. I wasn't mad on the Haunting of Hill house but it was at least trying with some fancy technical episodes and stuff.
yeah, I'm only 4 episodes in and we've had two flashback episodes so far. Stretching it out to fuck.

I watched Truth Seekers over the last couple of nights. It's a weird one - it's really funny in places, (one of the later episodes has the best name-based joke i've heard in a while) and i suppose it's sort of scary in places, and a little bit (but not very) gory in places, and it generally works, but then there's other parts that are supposed to be dramatic and SUPER TENSE that would be more at home in a midweek afternoon supernatural drama for tweens on BBC1. A solid 7/10.

Finished the BBC series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, now on Smiley's People. Just great stuff.

There was a thing broadcasted on the early days of Channel 4 which terrified the fuck out of me at the time, and I've never been able to find reference to it, or see again since.

It was made to look like it was partly filmed in CC TV, so a lot of what's going on it just captured by these grainy static shots, no framing, action in weird parts of the screen and so on. The plot was something along the lines of some class of organ harvesting scheme, white vans, plastic boxes of... fucking, bits of human?

Like there was chase scenes, where you'd just see a CC TV cam. Nothing. No sounds, just rough workroom sounds maybe, and then some cunt would come SPRINTING through the frame, and back out. Then it would cut to the next cam, but the cams themselves were these shitty res 80s jobbies, so you were constantly craning to figure out what was going on. The next cam would have the guy off in the corner, door booted open, grabbed, dragged out of frame.

Then it cut to organ processing.

It interleaved "normal" decently filmed stuff with the CC TV feeds. A lot of the CC TV stuff was idle, nothing happening in the shot, just clicking between cams, until something DID happen, which was unspeakably brutal and fast, and then back into switching idle cam mode. You couldn't hear sounds even, just the cams clicking through, background conversations, like in a dull office.

I can't remember all that much of it, because it was so frightening I couldn't watch much of it. I remember it was close to the time that Channel 4 came into existence, it was one of the first things I watched on Channel 4, and I was a bit anxious if everything on this channel was going to be similarly fucked.

There was a thing broadcasted on the early days of Channel 4 which terrified the fuck out of me at the time, and I've never been able to find reference to it, or see again since.

It was made to look like it was partly filmed in CC TV, so a lot of what's going on it just captured by these grainy static shots, no framing, action in weird parts of the screen and so on. The plot was something along the lines of some class of organ harvesting scheme, white vans, plastic boxes of... fucking, bits of human?

Like there was chase scenes, where you'd just see a CC TV cam. Nothing. No sounds, just rough workroom sounds maybe, and then some cunt would come SPRINTING through the frame, and back out. Then it would cut to the next cam, but the cams themselves were these shitty res 80s jobbies, so you were constantly craning to figure out what was going on. The next cam would have the guy off in the corner, door booted open, grabbed, dragged out of frame.

Then it cut to organ processing.

It interleaved "normal" decently filmed stuff with the CC TV feeds. A lot of the CC TV stuff was idle, nothing happening in the shot, just clicking between cams, until something DID happen, which was unspeakably brutal and fast, and then back into switching idle cam mode. You couldn't hear sounds even, just the cams clicking through, background conversations, like in a dull office.

I can't remember all that much of it, because it was so frightening I couldn't watch much of it. I remember it was close to the time that Channel 4 came into existence, it was one of the first things I watched on Channel 4, and I was a bit anxious if everything on this channel was going to be similarly fucked.
the first thing i watched on Channel 4 was The Animals and i've been vegetarian since.

Re-watching season 1 of The Walking Dead. God be with the days when it was good. I plan to re-watch seasons 1 and 2 (and might stretch to 3). It went to shite after that.
still going with this. Most of the way through season 3 and its still fantastic. I'm starting to get upset now at the thoughts of how bad I know its gonna get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back