What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

speaking of the walking dead. is it possible to watch the new series of fear the walking dead,or that other new related show in ireland?

Watched Des this week. It's about the arrest and trial of serial murderer Dennis Nilson. Scarey bastard, by all accounts. Cold calculating remorseless. Good watch.

Started Lovecraft Country tonight, enjoyed the first episode anyway.
One episode to go and I’m loving this. Such a great homage to the pulp/Weird Tales era of writing while also upending the usual stereotypes of many of those stories - apart from Lovecraft’s obvious racism, the ideas of primitivism/blackness and evil magic that pervades through 20th century horror being reversed as the black characters navigate the strange and unsettling world of white America and their occult underground. Episodes 8 and 9 In particular were unreal, episode 8 was genuinely the creepiest thing I’ve seen on TV in ages.

One episode to go and I’m loving this. Such a great homage to the pulp/Weird Tales era of writing while also upending the usual stereotypes of many of those stories - apart from Lovecraft’s obvious racism, the ideas of primitivism/blackness and evil magic that pervades through 20th century horror being reversed as the black characters navigate the strange and unsettling world of white America and their occult underground. Episodes 8 and 9 In particular were unreal, episode 8 was genuinely the creepiest thing I’ve seen on TV in ages.
So it got better? I thought the first two episodes were awful

So it got better? I thought the first two episodes were awful
I thought the first two episodes were brilliant so I don’t know what to say to you. Each episode is its own story, with an overarching structure/plot developing with each one. A couple of the episodes were ok but I liked what they were trying to do (one episode was more a sci fi multiverse thing with Afrofuturist aliens/future humans(?) that I didn’t particularly love but it definitely was something different from what you usually find on TV).

I thought the first two episodes were brilliant so I don’t know what to say to you. Each episode is its own story, with an overarching structure/plot developing with each one. A couple of the episodes were ok but I liked what they were trying to do (one episode was more a sci fi multiverse thing with Afrofuturist aliens/future humans(?) that I didn’t particularly love but it definitely was something different from what you usually find on TV).

I really didn't enjoyed and really expected to (actually took out a sub to TV so I could watch it). I found it confusing and annoying and found the frenetic pace really off-putting. I was actually looking forward to it ending. And the Afro-futurist episode was the one I enjoyed the most!

Maybe I wasn't up for the pulp aesthetic onscreen and needed to approach it with that frame of mind. The other thing is - there was clearly a shitload of stuff going on in every episode that pretty much went over my head - all the references to black history/culture and the civil rights stuff. So, I totally appreciate the way it's presenting a perspective that's normally excluded.

For example - this is pretty cool.

Watching season 2 of Vice series "Dark side of the ring". As the name implies it's dark, true stories from wrestling. Fascinating stuff.

A couple of decades late to the party, but I just finished Our Friends in the North. It was brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back