What television series are you currently making your way through? (10 Viewers)

watched the Mylie Cyrus episode of Black Mirror (think its season 5 - I originally gave up after season 3). It was good fun.

Watching Queen of the South now. Quite compelling now (s4). Some of the acting in the earlier episodes was awful. The plotlines are a bit far-fetched, but still a good watch overall.

Watched about half of the first episode of Dark. Had to jump ship as the dubbing was dreadful.

Me and a mate watched one of the seasons of The Bridge very soon after it was released in Swenmark, and there were a couple of episodes where we got about halfway through and then had to go looking for other versions of the episode because some of the stuff coming out was fuckin nonsense, was quite funny at the time

Finished Avenue 5. I liked it... It started out patchy, the Veep/Thick in space didn't gel for me to begin with, also there were silly plot holes and the plot itself was lifted from a 2014 Swedish movie called Aniara. However, by about episode 3 or 4 Avenue 5 had won me over and there are some very funny moments in later episodes and the production design is excellent.

Call My Agent. French thing on Netflix about an acting agency in Paris. It's fun and actual real actors and actresses pop up playing themselves.

Narcos. Had thought I was done with it but watched started on the latest season and it's quite good. Diego Luna has all the charisma of well pampered armpit - "Ta bueno, ta bueno" but Scoot McNairy's always good. It helps that i don't really know the story.

Before getting stuck into the new season of Dark we decided to watch a recap of season 2 on YouTube. It was hilariously, but also painfully confusing. Have to re-watch season 2 to remember what actually happened.

Warrior Nun.

Amazing title, not a great show, but fell into a next episode coma with it. Beautiful locations though, all shot in Spain.
The main character is really annoying, but I thought she might be Ellen Pages sister, looks a lot like her. She's actually Portugese and I've never actually heard an European do an American accent as well before, it's a masterclass

Finished The Last Dance. Everyone said it was the best sports doc ever. It's not. It goes back and forward a lot which is confusing. The interviewees all seem pretty honest. So while it's refreshing to watch sportspeople speak like real people, at the end of the day I wasn't really that bothered.

Before that I finished The Evolution of Hip Hop. Another thing I don't know much about. The early episodes were good. They got to talk to damn near everybody, which is a feat. It filled in a lot of gaps in my head, as in who's connected to whom and how.
Later it pads out mostly into things I have no real reference for, but years from now maybe those guys will be massively influential.

started Top Boy : Summerhouse this week. Drugs/Gangs/Youths drama set in North London. Very late to the game with this.

Think it's absolutely brilliant so far

Finished Mozart In The Jungle. Very entertaining show, although it does decline a bit as it goes along. Think the writers/showrunners started to run out of ideas for what to do with the characters.
Seasons 1-2 Garcia Bernal is hilarious, Seasons 3-4 Malcolm McDowell takes over.

Seasons 1-3 are very funny at times, season 4 is comparatively much more serious and not as good.
There's one great episode where they go to Rikers prison in New York, and it's a serious and really brilliant episode.

I'd give it 8/10 overall, probably be about 6/10 for season 4

It got cancelled after season 4 and there was a big outcry over that, a lot of people wanted to keep it going, but I can't imagine them getting any more than another season or 2 out of it anyway

Just finished Comrade Detective. Saw first episode year or two back. Ment to get into it, so binged it yesterday and this evening. Quirky, amusing show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back