What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

In fairness to him he apparently wanted people to actually try and beat him when he jousted and not just let him win. Reckon you were fucked either way if you came up against him, he'd say he wanted you to try but then if you won he'd probably put you on his enemies list and banish you to France.

In fairness to him he apparently wanted people to actually try and beat him when he jousted and not just let him win. Reckon you were fucked either way if you came up against him, he'd say he wanted you to try but then if you won he'd probably put you on his enemies list and banish you to France.

That's not what I heard. I heard he liked jousting with the big muscular men in the sauna afterwards, with his cock.

That was the topic of my leaving cert history essay, Henry VIII: cock jouster.

Just finished Narcos Mexico.
Did Better Call Saul and original Narco's recently. I don't speak Spanish, but with original Narco's and BCS, I could just about watch it without subtitles. But Mexican Spanish is utterly inscrutable. Surely "Cabrón" can't mean all the things this show says it means.

But it's great, basically. Mad to think most of this shit actually, more or less, happened in real life. Think about that next time you do a line.

The last episode was slow. I was expecting a big shoot-out or something, but the reality is much more dreadful.

It's only two season's. A bit like BCS with Breaking Bad, you could watch the original series, but it's not essential.

What next? Ozark?? Normal People??

Watched episode one of The Eddy. Decent enough, well done musical bits. I doubt we'll stick with it though. When I hit stop (to stop Netflix automatically playing the next one, grrrr) I noticed herself reading her phone, "Is it over?"

Just finished Narcos Mexico.
Did Better Call Saul and original Narco's recently. I don't speak Spanish, but with original Narco's and BCS, I could just about watch it without subtitles. But Mexican Spanish is utterly inscrutable. Surely "Cabrón" can't mean all the things this show says it means.

I've been learning Spanish for 3 years and am reasonably strong with it now. One thing I've come to realise is that subtitles are often a very half-arsed interpretation of whats being said. There's a serious amount of dumbing down shit too. Haven't seen Narcos Mexico yet - dying to see it.

I've been learning Spanish for 3 years and am reasonably strong with it now. One thing I've come to realise is that subtitles are often a very half-arsed interpretation of whats being said. There's a serious amount of dumbing down shit too. Haven't seen Narcos Mexico yet - dying to see it.
Try some of the shows that are both dubbed & subtitled in English with both of them on at the same time. Sometimes there are completely different sentences in each, presumably different again from what’s actually being said.

I'm gonna assume that the actors get the jist across in their own style and the original script gets pasted into google translate, only for another actor to do it in their own style in a different language.

giphy.gif

Finished watching Bachelor's Walk on the rte player.
Quite amusing show in general, they did a fairly good job with it all in all, better than most fuckin RTE efforts. It's cool seeing parts of Dublin looking different (mostly like big building sites) 18 odd years ago. Like Smithfield being a massive building site was a good one. And also that Grafton Street was just as horrible then as it is in non-corona times now.
Interesting how two of the characters, Michael and Barry, are fairly likeable or maybe relatable, whereas Ray just gets more annoying as it goes on. Posh cunt. Also I found it amusing how someone with so little hair could have so much hair, one of those mysteries of life. Alison alternates between grand and annoying. Could make the horn thread alright though.
Best character, definitely Michael. Probably he's the best actor so maybe the character just seems the most natural that way. Barry comes second, he's like that mate that you love to laugh at and just keeps finding more ridiculous ways to fuck things up and you wonder how he ever manages to survive. Actual best character, Michael's da, gets all the best lines really.

It's funny that RTE could make this, and it was a fairly decent show about Dublin living even if unrealistic in a host of ways, but then 10 years later they make Fade Street, which is of course one of the unintentionally funniest pieces of complete shit you could ever see. I do wonder if like surely there must have been at least one person behind the production of Fade Street in some way that spent the whole time pissing themselves laughing in a corner every chance they got?

Nearly finished Avenue 5. Not as good as Veep (duhh) but brings the laughs all the same

What We Do In The Shadows - that last episode was just so good.

giphy.gif

Finished a rewatch of Endeavour from the start. Morse is such a dick. The crimes are ridiculously convoluted. Great show!

This:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back