What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

I started Tiger King on Netflix today and hooooooly fuck.
I’ve stopped saying “this can’t get any weirder” because it does, by the minute.

finished it. It was good but not great. To much filler. That early 60's lounge singer/character in last season & half. Pointless. The Odo/Quark relationship was great though. And the Doctor, he should be struck off for many, many reasons.

Brits out. You're right there was a lot of filler in that show, the war was pretty great though. The stupid holodeck episodes can definitely fuck off for the most part. At least Colm Meaney makes even the shit tolerable by being something to have a laugh at.

Recently watched new Curb, started out slow but got great towards the end, kind of usual Curb arc in that. Some of the cameos in it were fuckin amazing, especially the Jon Hamm.

Saw this show Ancient Invisible Cities, really good VR history thing about Cairo, Istanbul, and Athens. Just 3 episodes, really interesting though.

Watched Bad Banks on RTE player, German kind of financial intrigue thing, good show, pretty interesting take on how easy it would be for another financial crisis to come along (sure ain't it probably happening)

Also saw The Hunting on RTE player, 4 part Ozzie drama about the effect of sexting and shit on teenagers in school, pretty good show that was quite well done.

Been watching latest season of Survivor, the ludicrous reality show that of course is trash but also very funny entertaining trash generally, a formulaic good laugh. I'd go on it for the craic, I'd be totally shit at it mind

Been watching Black Spot, some french crime show that's like somewhere between the X-Files, Twin Peaks and Fargo. Whole thing is set in some very un-french-like town in the middle of a massive forest that has an inexplicably high death count (they talk about this a lot).

The individual episodes can be a bit rubbish but there's a general approaching weird-fiction thing going on with the forest as a character in itself that's creeping up over the episodes; lots of moody grey and green shots of the forested hills inbetween scenes. The characters are great as well, kind of an office of misfits thing going on, I hope it goes somewhere.
Yes, this is great. @Bernie Lomax and @Cornu Ammonis, have you watched? Would probably be up your alley if you don't mind the occasional hammy performance.

switching between
Better Call Saul
Friday Night Dinner - some lols
Big School - awful british thing, David Walliams is the star and weak link
I'm not OK with this - Stranger Things/Sex Education mix. Hits ALL the netflix boxes: pot, lesbians, high school. As awful as it sounds.
The Mandalorian - only one episode to go and it FINALLY got good (read: ok)

Blitzed the latest Ozark over the weekend. Amazing stuff. Next season is already looking very promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back