What television series are you currently making your way through? (11 Viewers)

Narcos: Mexico S2 - an easy watch.
Picard - it's grand.
The Good Place S4 - I don't know if I ever finished the third series. Will fire away with the rest of the episodes of this anyway. I kind of forgot it existed really and am happy to play with the cats with this on in the background rather than giving it my full attention.
Line of Duty S1 - this is laughably awful. I assume it gets better as it became quite a big thing didn't it?
Inside No. 9 S2 - finally getting around to working through this after watching some of it years ago.

I'm really digging Good Omens. My expectations were so fucking low - read the book 25 years ago and loved it, but fully expected it to be hammy and pure shit (based partly on how it looked). It's not, it's great - really focuses on the Aziraphale/Crowley relationship.

Watched that Locke & Key show. Like an attempt to mix every successful show of the past 20 years together all at once.

I mean, it is terrible and absolutely not worth your time but I did watch all of it.

Watched that Locke & Key show. Like an attempt to mix every successful show of the past 20 years together all at once.

I mean, it is terrible and absolutely not worth your time but I did watch all of it.
I'm watching this at the moment. They're all so pretty. Especially the scary well lady. She'll kill you, but you'll have a raging horn while she's doing it.

It's grand. I'm enjoying it, despite how nonsensical it all is.

Started on Star trek Ds9, aka hotel in space. Never really followed it before, so we'll see what its like.

finished it. It was good but not great. To much filler. That early 60's lounge singer/character in last season & half. Pointless. The Odo/Quark relationship was great though. And the Doctor, he should be struck off for many, many reasons.

Queen Sono on Netflix. "Killing Eve" style spy thing not just set in Africa (mostly SA but also other places) but produced/shot in South Africa too. I really wanted this to be good. It isn't.

Star Trek Discovery S01

It's a bit too bloodthirsty to feel Star Trekky, and quite silly at times. Clem Fandango is like a heartthrob hero guy. But it's not bad, better than not watching something Star Trekky. And it has lots of female characters front a centre.

Instant Hotel on Netflix. It's an Australian reality show where couples with notions go and stay in each others AirBnBs and rate them. It is totally shit and totally brilliant at the same time. I was sceptical when I heard about the concept at first but it is now my favourite trashy yet comforting show to watch.

Been watching Black Spot, some french crime show that's like somewhere between the X-Files, Twin Peaks and Fargo. Whole thing is set in some very un-french-like town in the middle of a massive forest that has an inexplicably high death count (they talk about this a lot).

The individual episodes can be a bit rubbish but there's a general approaching weird-fiction thing going on with the forest as a character in itself that's creeping up over the episodes; lots of moody grey and green shots of the forested hills inbetween scenes. The characters are great as well, kind of an office of misfits thing going on, I hope it goes somewhere.

First episode of Freud on Netflix. Might be a "so bad it's great fun altogether kind of thing" but don't think I'll bother with episode 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back