What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

I finished The Good Place last night and it’s definitely in the top 5 TV shows I’ve ever seen.
It’s funny, intelligent and the actors were brilliant.
What got me the most was the different philosophical branches and theories they dealt with in each season.
In season 1, they touched on the same theories etc that I was taught in first year when I was studying Philosophy. Season 2, what a brief recap of my second year etc.

I finished The Good Place last night and it’s definitely in the top 5 TV shows I’ve ever seen.
It’s funny, intelligent and the actors were brilliant.
What got me the most was the different philosophical branches and theories they dealt with in each season.
In season 1, they touched on the same theories etc that I was taught in first year when I was studying Philosophy. Season 2, what a brief recap of my second year etc.

same, but without any understanding of philosophy at all

i liked the fact that they didn't go for an
"and they made it in, and they all lived(?) happily ever after"
ending

I still find the Good Place to be 9 blatently obvious and horrendously basic jokes taken from twitter 8 years ago, followed by one that has me on the floor laughing. I do agree that it's a bit like a first year philosophy course.

The X-Files. It's about these American F.B.I .agents who explore conspiracy theories about aliens and stuff. Mad.
I want to get back to watching that. I think I was at season 6 when I stopped a few years back. Haven't a clue what was going on though.

Last edited:
I stopped watching at one point too. Mulder left at some point and that should really have been the end of it. Those later series' might have been really good for all I know but my interest fizzled out.

I haven't finished the final season yet, but despite having episodes where I'm like meeeeh, I keep coming back. When its good, it can be REALLY good.

I liked when it started taking the piss out of itself, like that haunted house christmas episode. Apparently i'm not supposed to like those episodes though, they're the bad ones.

Four seasons of the Expanse since Christmas and finally on the last season of Mr Robot. Also started Parks and Recreation from the very start again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back