What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

New Stephen King adaptation The Outsider. Absolutely brilliant first couple of episodes. Creepy, atmospheric and brilliantly acted. I'm reminded of the first season of True Detective but it's more overtly a supernatural horror. Hope it keeps up this level of quality but knowing Stephen King he'll ruin an amazing setup by having the killer turn out to be a shapeshifting demon or something stupid like that.

Finished Righteous Gemstones last night. Was good and all but felt it had run its course by the end of the season. Hope they focus on the minor characters a bit more in season 2. Danny McBride's crew and the former satan worshiper are the best characters in it.

Rise of the nazis. I'll watch anything about the nazis, endlessly fascinating. It's well made, apart from the wobbly hand held camera work used for the recreation footage. Part 3 of 4 on rte 2 at 8pm tonight.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 14. Glenn Howerton looks a bit worse for wear
I’m only on the third episode of the new season but have to say I’m a bit disappointing so far.
I’m hoping it picks up again or atleast ends on a high.

Rise of the nazis. I'll watch anything about the nazis, endlessly fascinating. It's well made, apart from the wobbly hand held camera work used for the recreation footage. Part 3 of 4 on rte 2 at 8pm tonight.
I actually started the World at War there the other night, that ancient BBC doc on WWII. The first episode is all about the rise of the Nazi. I didn't think I could stomach another one after doing both the WWII in colour yokes but turns out I can.

Speaking of things I thought I couldn't stomach, I've come round to Succession in spite of myself. The writing's just so good.

I finally watched Fargo Season 2 after watching one episode about 5 years ago and forgetting to get back to it. Really enjoyed it! Read the thumped thread and apparently it's full of references to very famous films I have not seen whoops. Also Cornu says it's corny Tarentino pastiche, which I suppose it is. Anyway good to catch up with you all five years back.

I've watched very little good TV in the last few years but child #3 arrived mid December, since then I've watched Ozark (s02), Succession (s01 + half s02), The Righteous Gemstones (s01) and I'm currently looking for a new show. Is Watchman worth it?

Continuing my sprint through TV shows.... I have now also finished Succession s02, Better Things s01, Top Boy s01 and I'm currently making my way through Sex Education s01, On Becoming a God in Central Florida s01 & The Loudest Voice s01.

And for those of you with young kids, watch Bluey. It blows Peppa out of the water.

Finished The Witcher today, was a fucking brilliant first season. But I've read all the books, if I didn't know anything about the story and characters beforehand I'd probably have been watching the show wondering what the absolute fuck was going on the whole time.

Continuing my sprint through TV shows.... I have now also finished Succession s02, Better Things s01, Top Boy s01 and I'm currently making my way through Sex Education s01, On Becoming a God in Central Florida s01 & The Loudest Voice s01.

And for those of you with young kids, watch Bluey. It blows Peppa out of the water.
This is impressive, for your stamina if nothing else

Fair play

This is impressive, for your stamina if nothing else

Fair play

I probably have another 3-4 weeks at this pace. I'm currently putting in 2 hours a night. Then it'll taper off. The curse/blessing of being a bottle feeding Dad. I'll dine out on all these shows for a few months and then I'll have NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT as my TV watching time will be replaced with sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back