What television series are you currently making your way through? (10 Viewers)

But just now a guy from the ESB arrived and wouldn't cross the threshold until I invited him in. I could have made a vampire joke, but I didn't. Blame the BBC.

So, c'mere, I finished Watchmen and while I LOVED most of it I thought the interaction between Laurie and Angela was incredibly clichéd tough-guy-cop stuff, and IMO the ending kinda let the whole thing down

The rorshach guys were just plain old KKK? The Smartest Man In The World Saves The Day again?

I kind of liked the ending
I think I was so impressed with the Cord Jefferson flashback episode, that I was willing to forgive a lot

Is it reading too much into it to say that they used a cover version of I Am The Walrus because the show is itself a form of cover version?
(Moore & Gibbons being the Beatles of comics here)

Or did they just want the “I am the egg man” line but didn’t want to pay the major money associated?

I really did not like the 3rd episode of Dracula. I'd heard negative things but was prepared to give it a fair go. I felt they crammed far too much stuff in. That dramatic change in direction was too much for one episode but I could imagine it unraveling over a longer series, and being more effective for it. As it was I didn't care for all the new characters, failed to see the attraction of Lucy and there was just too much "cleverness" going on, and the final scene was rushed and a bit silly.

Disappointing
Overall, it was a bit naff.

The FFC film is very 90s MTV. It's fun. And Winona sooo.

I've watched very little good TV in the last few years but child #3 arrived mid December, since then I've watched Ozark (s02), Succession (s01 + half s02), The Righteous Gemstones (s01) and I'm currently looking for a new show. Is Watchman worth it?

His Dark Materials is picking up, good episode last night. Be good thing to watch with family over Christmas i'd say. Ruth Wilson is really fantastic in it. Still time for it to all fall apart tho....
Probably should follow up with this and point out that this show went to absolute shit and we barely finished it here. All so melodramatic and clumsily done. Whatever, we still have the books.

Overall, it was a bit naff.

The FFC film is very 90s MTV. It's fun. And Winona sooo.
I'm really conflicted with the Coppolla Dracula. It's equal measures masterpiece and absolute shit. I bought the DVD and watch it regularly and still can't decide if I love it or hate it.

I've watched very little good TV in the last few years but child #3 arrived mid December, since then I've watched Ozark (s02), Succession (s01 + half s02), The Righteous Gemstones (s01) and I'm currently looking for a new show. Is Watchman worth it?
I take it you've watched Nathan For You?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back