What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

Was very happy with how they finished Preacher up.

I'm in the middle of season 1 of succession, it's good.
The last season of Preacher was a bit of a mess but the last two episodes really were a special kind of bananas. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so blasphemous on TV.

I haven’t started into Preacher as I don’t have Amazon Prime. Keep meaning to see if it’s on DVD and whether I can get it from the library.

Watched the first episode of His Dark Materials.

tenor.gif

Looks good, good actors acting well, the script is one of those for morons scripts where everyone has to repeat everything 3 times just in case absolute idiots don't understand. It'll probably be a pointless show if you've read the books.
Gave this a go. Never read the books or anything. It was alright. Might stick with it.

Also started season 2 of The Terror.

Someone recommend a good comedy series on Netflix, please?!! Gave Schitt's Creek a go ... it's amusing but rarely ventures into actual funny.

Watched The Mandalorian there. It was pretty good, the tone and pacing worked pretty well. The music was shite though, and ubiquitous throughout. It's not actually that the music was total shite, more like they didn't know when to shut up or how to place it effectively. That stood out because of the fact that the direction of the episode was well paced, as mentioned above.
Anyway will give episode 2 a go when it mysteriously turns up on my computer, but I'm not really holding that much hope out for it, because I can't see Disney allowing it to properly stick with the darker tone. They ruin everything.

Edit: Also minus 10000 points for not having Carl Weathers do a handshake.

His Dark Materials is picking up, good episode last night. Be good thing to watch with family over Christmas i'd say. Ruth Wilson is really fantastic in it. Still time for it to all fall apart tho....

The final seasons of Mr Robot and The Man In The High Castle are both great so far.

Please don’t let me down, TV shows.

Struggled through to the end of season 2 of The Terror. Second half it really lost it's way after a good start. Wasn't terrible or anything but not a patch on season. Not that it had anything to do with S01. I think the only connection is Ridley Scott as Executive Producer. None of the same writers, directors; story completely different - even thematically it wasn't all that close.

On the lookout for something else now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back