What television series are you currently making your way through? (2 Viewers)

Just started back into the English version of House of Cards.

Francis Urquart is an amazing character. He eats your soul. Kevin Spacy's Frank is a pantomime villain next to him.

Urquart is death. He's a reaper. Reapers have English accents.

series 2 of Stath Lets Flats on Channel 4. I can see why people would think it is either total shit or just mediocre. The highs totally make up for the bits that fall flat though for me.

Thatcher: A very British revolution.

Five part documentary.I had this on the DVR for a few months. Finally got around to watching it. Really good.

The Capture on BBC. Ridiculous conspiracy thriller show with dull dialogue and lots of plot holes. Suitable only for mindless watching on the morning commute and if it was any longer than six episodes I'd give up.

Marianne on Netflix. French Stephen King-esque horror tale of a horror novelist who’s demonic creation comes to life. I like it. There’s some really well crafted scare scenes and the demon has an unsettling Aphex Twin quality. My criticism is it seems to be made specifically for an international Netflix audience so it has all the beats of a mainstream American horror rather than a french one ie over reliance on jump scares and set pieces rather than atmosphere and creepiness (which it does have but ruins a lot of the time with a really obvious horror movie shrieking violin score).

I like it though and want to see where it goes

Marianne on Netflix. French Stephen King-esque horror tale of a horror novelist who’s demonic creation comes to life. I like it. There’s some really well crafted scare scenes and the demon has an unsettling Aphex Twin quality. My criticism is it seems to be made specifically for an international Netflix audience so it has all the beats of a mainstream American horror rather than a french one ie over reliance on jump scares and set pieces rather than atmosphere and creepiness (which it does have but ruins a lot of the time with a really obvious horror movie shrieking violin score).

I like it though and want to see where it goes
This sort of lost its intrigue a few episodes in

Also watching The Deuce season 3 and The Terror season 2 which are both great

Watched that Netflix show Unbelievable with Toni Collette. Thought this was excellent. Horrifically it's a true story. Cast is great, particularly the trio of main actresses.

Watching that German show Dark. It's a bit meh (the opening credits might be the best thing about the show) but I'm engrossed enough to see it through. Will start on season 2 of Fleabag once that's done.

I watched the 3rd episode of Darklands last night. I dunno.... It's okay. I'm kind of bored with the whole Dublin gangsters say threatening things in a low voice kind of shtick.

Watched that Netflix show Unbelievable with Toni Collette. Thought this was excellent. Horrifically it's a true story. Cast is great, particularly the trio of main actresses.

Agreed, best thing I've watched this year. Kaitlyn Denver's performance was incredible. So hard to watch, I cried like a baby several times.

Agreed, best thing I've watched this year. Kaitlyn Denver's performance was incredible. So hard to watch, I cried like a baby several times.
She was amazing. She also really reminded me of someone I knew at that age which made it almost unbearable viewing at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back