What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I'm not bothered with Columbo the crime always happens at the beginning and we are shown every part of it. The rest is Columbo putting the shits up whoever done it and waiting for them to make a slip up. Fair enough but where is the mystery we know who done it and that he is going to catch them.

Also, this is a thing

Managed not to see this.

Quick aside, Hungarian is an impressively incomprehensible language. I was in Hungary for a few weeks; understood nothing when I left.

I've been hearing Hungarian not every day, but not far off it for the last couple of years; managed to pick up the word for Hello, Yes and No. I'm just about getting my head around "Cheers".

We're not talking about "oh yeah, the grammar is fierce complicated and intimidating" or tricky pronunciations, we're talking I've been listening to this stuff for well over a year and have **fuck all idea** what's being discussed even in the broadest sense.

"yeah, but you have to remember"
Chief Wiggam

Sure I guess it's how he catches them out and whatever sense of justice the viewer has. That reminds of a Hungarian record I was looking at recently.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I couldn't get over how long the episode I watched was, it could easily have been covered in 45 minutes but it was like 2 hours + long? But I think that very slowness and humour was part of why I actually enjoyed it so much, its so different to the kind of crime tv we have now.

The pacing, tone, music, cinematography, subtle humour, great characterization ...all spot on (until the 80s)

I'm not bothered with Columbo the crime always happens at the beginning and we are shown every part of it. The rest is Columbo putting the shits up whoever done it and waiting for them to make a slip up. Fair enough but where is the mystery we know who done it and that he is going to catch them.
It's not a mystery show.

Although trying to work out at what point Columbo himself twigs is a bit of a game.

It's not a mystery show.

Although trying to work out at what point Columbo himself twigs is a bit of a game.
Interestingly, the last episode (or what they thought was going to be the last episode) 'Last Salute to the Commodore' is a traditional mystery,even down to gathering all the suspects in a room for the final reveal.

They should have stopped making them after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back