What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

I should have known better but I watched Good Omens because I used to love the book and it sucked it sucked it suuuuucked.

I'm watching The Dark on Netflix. Bit of headmelter trying to keep track of all the characters, and some serious plotholes, but sticking with it

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's on my list, so this is a bit disappointing to hear
The performances are fine but it's just boring. Kind of reminds me of the redundancy of most of the Harry Potter films.

Would largely agree with this review

on the other hand someone i'd never heard of called Adria Arjona is cast as Anathema Device who is just too attractive to even exist in this world so it's a bit of a consolation prize. Apparently she was in a season of True Detective that i'd watched but I can't remember her. Just give her her own spin-off murder mystery magic show.

Strange Angel. Drama about a rocket scientist in the 50s who gets involved with a sex magick cult. Based on a true story. Jack Reynor plays the main dude. He's just not a good actor and can't do an American accent. I'm embarrassed for him every time he opens his mouth.

Peaky Fucking Blinders. Watched a couple of episodes when it first came out and couldn't warm to it, but it's deadly. Johnny Dogs is my favourite character, he should get his own spin off.

Rewatching Stranger Things 2 before delving into 3. A couple of things really struck me;
1. they really should have left it at one season
2. The "Eleven meets unconvincing street gang and becomes Emo" episode ground the plot/action/momentum to a pointless halt

Peaky Fucking Blinders. Watched a couple of episodes when it first came out and couldn't warm to it, but it's deadly. Johnny Dogs is my favourite character, he should get his own spin off.
I gave up on it after about three seasons. It's good but I had hoped it would be better. Might pick it up again though

Honestly they should have left it at a buzzfeed list of 80's films worth rewatching.
I'm actually enjoying despite myself. No plot, the script is terrible, half of them can't even act (actually especially the ones who are supposed to be able to act like Cary Elwes and Winona Ryder) but yet I'm always left craving one more nostalgia hit every time.

Rewatching Stranger Things 2 before delving into 3. A couple of things really struck me;
1. they really should have left it at one season
2. The "Eleven meets unconvincing street gang and becomes Emo" episode ground the plot/action/momentum to a pointless halt
I gave up on season 3 after 5 episodes. Muck!

Also watching The OA season 3. It's not great. Pretty boring and I've forgotten who any of the characters are.

Well anyway, I watched season 2 of Killing Eve over the weekend and it was disappointing. Fantastic performances, compulsive watching and nice individual scenes but the plot was all over the place and by the end nothing had really changed, the season may as well not have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back