What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Too much TV at the minute, most mentioned previously

- two episodes into the virtues
- watching Chernobyl and years & years too

Oh and handmaids tale is back this Thursday on RTE 2

All this tough stuff may make me turn to drink again

But I do mix it with comedy too, really loving brockmire. Season 3 is currently. Funniest thing hank azaria has done in 20 years.

Swamp Thing. I liked the first episode although everyone in it looks like a tv actor rather than a real person. The tone is darker than I was expecting. Never read the comics but thought that Swamp Thing was goofy/light hearted but this has more of a horror tone. There’s an ace scene lifted straight from John Carpenter’s The Thing.

The OA season 2. Only watched the first episode. Some of the problems from the first season are still there - bad writing, pretentiousness and taking itself WAY too seriously - but I like its ambition and weirdness.

Chernobyl is the best thing I’ve seen in ages. Scary as any horror movie. Episode 3 really freaked me out!

Catch 22 next!

I also gave up on the TV version of Picnic at Hanging Rock with Natalie Dormer. I think I had an episode and a half left. It was too dull despite looking splendid.

A couple of episodes into the final series of Jessica Jones (and all the Netflix Marvel shows). Curious to see how they wrap it all up.

Caught up and watched all of Chernobyl, really good.

Listening to the accompanying podcast now and am fascinated how everything the writer is saying re: The Soviet Union, talking about double think, about how "anything that is counter to the story they told their people and the rest of the world simply cannot be publicized" and "i think they knew, secretly, how the rest of the world laughed at them"

and i'm sure it's all true, but it also describes America for at least the past 20 odd years and this guy seems to have no idea. End of days for the US tbh.

Watched half of The End of the Fucking World last night. Kind of like that Sex Education show but funnier and grimmer. And bloodier.

Ah that was great. When is it fucking set though? It's like Ireland and UK circa 1983 aesthetically but everyone has smartphones.

Last edited:
The new Black Mirror. What a pile of shite. These new episodes have been so bad that I’m finding myself wondering if this show was any good to begin with or if it was just a mass hallucination that everyone thought it was?

Last edited:
Too Old To Die Young. Nicolas Winding Refn crime series about a crooked cop moonlighting as a hitman in sleazy neon drenched LA. It’s got all the hallmarks of his films so if you like them you’ll probably like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back