What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

I watched Season 1 and enjoyed it well enough but it was just another not bad not great Netflix show, I felt a bit bad for feeling that Marc Maron was by far the best character in it. I mean, yes, I like staring at beautiful women and all but "woman gains self esteem by being strong-not-skinny" can only go so far.

Last edited:
The Medicis. It's rubbish but I'm enjoying it because I need to turn my brain off. And I've just been to Florence

I loved Glow too, but then I'm a bit of an Alison Brie fanboy, so am gonna like anything she's in.

I watched Black Summer over the past couple of weeks, mostly on planes or buses, on my phone. It was perfect for watching that way. Not much dialog, very suspenseful, and very well shot.

If you think too long and hard about it you could pull it apart, but I liked it, so won't do that. Definitely could have done with more zombies.

It's based on 'Z' Nation but, having watched one episode of 'Z' Nation, it's a lot better.

Also finished Bonding. Again worth the watch but tends to drift a little towards the end. The episodes are too short for any real character development which I thought was a pity by the end. I hope it comes back and I hope they do a bit more with the characters, cos there's great potential there.

the end of the football season and the Giro d'Italia cycling.
been an amazing time football wise.

also some hurling, women's football world cup, some football internationals
and more cycling coming up.

the end of the football season and the Giro d'Italia cycling.
been an amazing time football wise.

also some hurling, women's football world cup, some football internationals
and more cycling coming up.
haven't seen any of the Giro yet. Will try and make time today to scan the stages and pick out the ones worth making time to watch. It's usually the best GT of the year. Am happy to let the Tour completely pass me by. My interest in cycling just isn't what it was. I'd normally be glued to every stage and would be reading up before/after to make sure I missed nothing.

yeah, i until a few years ago i used to pour over the results of every half
decent race from first to last (!) but now i usually barely bother to check
who won the mediocre races.
i was much more knowledgeable about doping news too.
i only watched the last few km of the Giro yesterday evening.
when i got to into my late thirties a few years ago my interest wained -
no one my own age had a bit to do with it,
i used have favourite riders like Pinotti, Moncoutie and a lot of the French lads
but apart from Dan and Sam i don't have any favourites now.
don't invest much emotion in cycling anymore but it's still fun to watch
unlike most TV.

What we Do In The Shadows. Quality stuff. Standout episodes were the one where they go on the piss with the Baron and the orgy one. Natasia Demetriou is amazing in this.

Fleabag season 2. Really good. The sister is very funny.

Killing Eve. Second attempt and getting into this now. Took a few twists and turns along the way which I wasn't expecting, but liked very much.

Years and Years. Speculative sci fi on BBC. Imagines the world 5 years from now with Trump in a second term starting a war with China, banks collapsing, immigrants being rounded up and scary tech on the rise. i like the concept but the execution is a bit heavy handed.

I watched two episodes of The Virtues on Channel 4. It's quiet harrowing.
That guy Stephen Graham should do a few comedies or something light next, just for his own mental well being.

Latest episode of Chernobyl was superb again. Next one's the last and I'll be really upset when it's over. Opening scene a subtle nod to Eisenstein's Strike I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back