What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

BBC4 had some good music stuff on last night. But I unfortunately also saw the UK gogglebox with Danny Dyer and his dumb daughter watching tv (???). Jesus fucking christ what a dickhead he is.

BBC4 had some good music stuff on last night. But I unfortunately also saw the UK gogglebox with Danny Dyer and his dumb daughter watching tv (???). Jesus fucking christ what a dickhead he is.

The Reginald D. Hunter thing? That was excellent.

First season of Babylon Berlin. Detective investigates a vast criminal conspiracy in 1929 Berlin, with the political climate that led to the Nazis getting into power providing the backdrop. Excellent stuff. Lots of thought and planning - and a large budget - clearly went into this.

Sounds cool. Also sounds like the plot of the first Bernie Gunther novel by Philip Kerr.

Escape from Donnemara. Absurd nonsense from start to finish. I thought there’d be something that elevated it at some stage but nope.

I've had a bad run of luck with starting new TV shows. Tried 'You', which I knew would be a trash fire, but hoped would be the kind of trash fire that would at least keep me watching (like, Gossip Girl, for example). Got 4 episodes in, and just couldn't any more. Too much of a trash fire.

Then I tried 'Friends from College', above mentioned, which I can completely see why people like, but I just couldn't get into at all. Just felt too smug and above all else, I just didn't want to keep watching (you know, the kind of show you're like, this is good but I must be broken because I'm very bored and disengaged?)

I swear, the only things I've watched in the past few months that I have the attention span to stick with are cartoons (I watch a lot, but rewatching 'Mysterious Cities of Gold' was a highlight, as well as 'Aggretsuko') and working through all the past series of the bake off on Netflix.

Long story short, my boyfriend, with whom I co-habit, is going on tour soon, meaning he'll be gone for like a week. It'll just be me and the cats at home. I want to take this opportunity to watch as much TV as possible, because lately I've been spending all my free time being productive, reading, cooking, exercising, and working on art. Sloth time it is, you know? The rub is, I get very nervous in the apartment alone, because there's a man that lives behind us that gets hammered a lot and sometimes walks through the courtyard my bedroom window looks up onto yelling in a gollem voice, "ANGELA. ANGELA. ANGELA".

So I want to spend this sloth time wrapped up in a blanket, with the company of a TV show I am excited to binge watch.

TL;DR - Home alone for a week, watch too many cartoons and seem to hate everything. Gimme a comforting show I can birnge for an entire week. Thank you!

Channel Zero. TV show based on popular Creepy Pasta stories. From what I can gather Creepy Pasta is a sort of meme site where people upload anonymous short horror stories based on urban legend and internet pop culture e.g Slenderman; disturbing, unbroadcasted Simpsons episodes etc... Creepypasta

First season tells a good scary story well - missing kids, creepy forests and haunted televisions shows. It's atmospheric, well acted and fairly unsettling. It's dragged out a bit though and I think they could have wrapped up the story in an hour long episode rather than drag it out over 6 45 min ones. The remaining seasons have been well received by horror fans so i will stick with it.

Channel Zero. TV show based on popular Creepy Pasta stories. From what I can gather Creepy Pasta is a sort of meme site where people upload anonymous short horror stories based on urban legend and internet pop culture e.g Slenderman; disturbing, unbroadcasted Simpsons episodes etc... Creepypasta

First season tells a good scary story well - missing kids, creepy forests and haunted televisions shows. It's atmospheric, well acted and fairly unsettling. It's dragged out a bit though and I think they could have wrapped up the story in an hour long episode rather than drag it out over 6 45 min ones. The remaining seasons have been well received by horror fans so i will stick with it.

that first series was great. proper creepy.

i didn't get through the first episode of season 2.

Been cancelled now i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back