What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Its unbelievably good .

And so brilliantly made...the most stylish thing seen in years I reckon.

Safe to say Ben Stiller is fairly fucking clever alright

sharp objects

sub-true detective southern murder drama

a lot of slow character-based noodling and indistinct dialogue that makes it difficult to follow conversations

Couldn't think of where else to put this....
Did anyone else see Irish Gogglebox last night. It was a special episode where they watched Irish TV from the 80s and 90s. It was VERY FUNNY.

Couldn't think of where else to put this....
Did anyone else see Irish Gogglebox last night. It was a special episode where they watched Irish TV from the 80s and 90s. It was VERY FUNNY.
yep, watched it last night. Wasn't even that gogglebox itself was funny. It was, but looking back at some of the stuff they watched was sort of mind-boggling. I'm old enough to remember pretty much all of it. Ireland was a basket case and we didn't realise the half of it at the time.

yep, watched it last night. Wasn't even that gogglebox itself was funny. It was, but looking back at some of the stuff they watched was sort of mind-boggling. I'm old enough to remember pretty much all of it. Ireland was a basket case and we didn't realise the half of it at the time.

Housewife of the year was ridiculed even at the time (surprised it lasted until 1994).
some TD's jeered Reagan and walked out when he spoke to the Dail
(Workers Party etc.) and there was a women's anti nuclear peace camp outside the American ambassador's joint (where Reagan stayed in 1984) in the Phoenix park during the visit.
today's Angelus short films are daft as fuck ! (they used to just show religious paintings in the 80-90's) the stirring imagery of the old nation anthem close down clips looks ultra sophisticated in comparison.

with the crap spouted by the anti abortion camp recently, i still have to think we're in a backward backwater ripe for ridicule in the near future.

i was born in the mid 70's and i thought Ireland was an awful hole in the 90's and i don't think things have changed as much as some people like to think.
religion in schools, corruption, awful political parties etc. haven't gone away.

Watched the first episode of Sex Education on Netflix. So many questions, like Why does it look like it's set in the 80s? Why does Gillian Anderson play so many British roles? Who is the target demographic for this show? A couple of funny moments but I don't think i'll be watching the rest of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back