What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Finished Better Call Saul. Excellent. I'm going to miss Mike.

Watching series 2 of Atypical. I know it's "hollywood autism" and Sam is a "cliche, only half a step away from sheldon" but for a few moments in every episode they nail it. Tears, every time (coming from someone who is on the brink of tears his entire 40s that is not a high bar). I'd almost forgive them for the horrendously awkwardly acted scene where Casey makes friends with her enemy in the posh school. Laying the ground work for her eventual coming out. (spoiler.... hardly).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it's very good

@Bernie Lomax @therealjohnny

Watched the Haunting of Hill House start to finish

1) Bears little relation to the book although it's fun to see how they took the various bits of it. I don't know how it compares to the original film because i've never seen it.

2) I'm awful at horror so was so scared so many times, good christ almighty. Jumped through the fucking roof at least twice.

3) Really well acted, really well shot, totally brilliant.

4) Until the last episode where it turns out it had nothing to say about anything; the haunting all comes from an insane person who has no character beyond "i am a crazy, kooky murder flapper"; the solution to family problems was "love" fucking hell; despite the house being a monster mother who loves children to death it's also a nice place for families to stay together forever, isn't that sweet? It couldn't have ended worse if it tried.

I suppose season 2 could go straight into a period piece/prequel to explain where it all came about but that still won't make the ending ok.

Last edited:
@Bernie Lomax @therealjohnny

Watched the Haunting of Hill House start to finish

1) Bears little relation to the book although it's fun to see how they took the various bits of it. I don't know how it compares to the original film because i've never seen it.

2) I'm awful at horror so was so scared so many times, good christ almighty. Jumped through the fucking roof at least twice.

3) Really well acted, really well shot, totally brilliant.

4) Until the last episode where it turns out it had nothing to say about anything; the haunting all comes from an insane person who has no character beyond "i am a crazy, kooky murder flapper"; the solution to family problems was "love" fucking hell; despite the house being a monster mother who loves children to death it's also a nice place for families to stay together forever, isn't that sweet? It couldn't have ended worse if it tried.
Agree with most of this. I haven’t read but but a bit of research online would suggest that all that connects it to the book are the character names and the general idea of a haunted house? If it bears such little resemblence to the book they could have called it literally anything else and had a good, original series on their hands but I guess networks don’t want original ideas anymore... everything has to be a remake or adaptation.

One of the better Netflix shows in a while. I don’t see any point in doing a second series but it seems to be successful so it will be milked for all it’s worth.

Agree with most of this. I haven’t read but but a bit of research online would suggest that all that connects it to the book are the character names and the general idea of a haunted house?

One of the better Netflix shows in a while. I don’t see any point in doing a second series but it seems to be successful so it will be milked for all it’s worth.
just edited my post to say a way of milking it would be to have a prequel period drama to explain where it all came about, it would give them a chance to show lots more fancy clothes as well.

The idea of the house itself haunting a person in it is in the book, and each family member's character roughly corresponds to their character in the book, although they're not a family there. The Dudleys as caretakers is in there as well. Plus throw in a person called Shirley.

I finished Haunting of Hill House last night. I thought it was great and I loved how it ended (never read the book, mind you).

Also, apart from a couple of jolts here and there in the first few episodes, it became more intriguing than scary.

The only fault I'd have with it would be that some episodes did drag on a little bit. The ones around
Nelly's funeral
but it wasn't all that bad either.

Best series I've seen in ages.

just edited my post to say a way of milking it would be to have a prequel period drama to explain where it all came about, it would give them a chance to show lots more fancy clothes as well.

The idea of the house itself haunting a person in it is in the book, and each family member's character roughly corresponds to their character in the book, although they're not a family there. The Dudleys as caretakers is in there as well. Plus throw in a person called Shirley.
Including Russ Tamblyn from the original move was a nice touch too

Just finished haunting of hill house earlier. Blitzed the last 3 episodes tonight. Jesus, it was brilliant. Way better than I expected it to be, after a fairly average couple of opening episodes I thought. The episode Two Storms, think it was episode 6, was so good. Agree with @therealjohnny flapper comment above but had enough in the bank not to hamper my overall opinion of the thing.

I'm halfway through the Haunting of Hill House and really enjoying it, it's been incredibly creepy in parts. I'm finding the actual shocks are becoming less effective as it wears on but the atmosphere through out is fantastic and the family story is really intriguing. Just finished episode 5 last night and it was so good.

Latest House Of Cards. Extraordinarily bad.

Hadn't heard about the The Sinner but upon reading up on it I am very intrigued, mainly because Bill Pullman is my #1 10/10 ride or die.

I ended up watching the last few episodes of Fraiser a few weeks ago on Channel 4 and right after the last one they were starting again from the beginning. I'd forgotten how much I used to like it so I've hit record and am really enjoying it all over again.

Also just finished the new Sabrina on Netflix. It wasn't amazing or anything but I will definitely stick with it for the next series. Spoiler alert though - Salem doesn't talk. You'll have to go to YouTube if you want Salem quips.

Also just finished the new Sabrina on Netflix. It wasn't amazing or anything but I will definitely stick with it for the next series. Spoiler alert though - Salem doesn't talk. You'll have to go to YouTube if you want Salem quips.

I'm about half way through, and after initially being like "oh god, why?" after the first episode, I've considerably warmed to it. Its not perfect, but its moody and fun. The Sabrina character is utterly infuriating, but I'm 100% here for Richard Coyle channeling Bela, Michelle Gomez and Tati Gabrielle. As you said, its not amazing, but I'm still watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back