What television series are you currently making your way through? (18 Viewers)

the behind the scenes docs on the s3 DVD set are brilliant. seen them? maybe over 10 25/30 minute docs focusing on different parts of the show. Give a great insight into how scenes were filmed and also how prolific a chain smoker Lynch really is.
I got the BluRay sets of the old and new series for my birthday so I’ve gone back to the very beginning. About halfway through the original run right now.

By the way, I still have your USB and keep forgetting to send it back to you. Will do it this week.

Just finished series 1 of Upstart Crow. Ben Elton's Shakespeare comedy. There's a good bit to complain about but overall I enjoyed it. I shall search out Series 2.
Barly got through first ten minuets. That over used laughter track ruined it.

Ash Vs. Evil dead was class. Both seasons.
Currently started on Maniac, Norwegin show about a man in a care home who lives in his day dreams. So lots of his fantasies mixed in with his life in the home & psycolagist trying to make sence of his breakdown.

The End of the F**king World. Some Netflix thing. Alright, I guess. Too much going on - voice overs, flashbacks, fantasy sequences, pointless fucking about with unusual camera angles for the sake of it - just tell the fucking story ffs! The actors are good.
enjoyed this. Stumbled on it by chance at the weekend and watched it all between friday and yesterday. Really enjoyable. The kids in it are great.

enjoyed this. Stumbled on it by chance at the weekend and watched it all between friday and yesterday. Really enjoyable. The kids in it are great.
It got better as it went along and they dropped some of the stylistic quirks and just let the performances carry the story. Would defo watch more. 25 minute episodes felt a little brief.

It got better as it went along and they dropped some of the stylistic quirks and just let the performances carry the story. Would defo watch more. 25 minute episodes felt a little brief.
also, this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the music was great.

After a lot of messing about, we are finally getting back to TV and clearing up a few things. One more episode of Twin Peaks to go tonight, gutted it's coming to an end.

Series linked another couple of Andrew Graham Dixon and Lucy Worsley things from BBC4 this week. So that's nice. Have the relatively recent bbc series on the Vietnam War to watch, and the wife fancies Stranger Things 2 soon.

Krzysztof Kieślowski's Dekalog. dude that made the Three Colours Trilogy

ten one hour long stories set mostly around a pretty bleak apartment block in Warsaw (i think). Made for TV back in the day. Made and set in late 80s. 88 or 89. The themes of each episode are related pretty loosely to the ten commandments. Watched the first three a few years back. Must not have grabbed me much then. Started watching again over the last couple of nights. Hit the spot this time around. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Very human, real life stories that really fucking engage you. The very focused stories, setting, that end of the commie era feel, the minimal amount of characters used in episodes is perfect. Also filmed during what looks like a fucking horribly dreary Winter which just adds to the atmosphere of the whole thing. Some of the characters in the different stories seem to cross paths very subtly in episodes also, which I love. They all (more or less) live or have a connection to the apartment block. Only have it as shitty download, will actually invest in the DVD set of this I'd say. A rare act only reserved for the likes of Twin Peaks 3 for me these days. Half of the episodes watched so far, 10/10

Has bobby stepped out of the shower yet? You can skip the entire previous season if not...

Oh he's out of the shower alright. We are in the 80's quasi a-team phase now where there was actually a half episode where bobby was dressed in black like some action figure running about with a machine gun.

I can't wait till this ends.

Was looking for a series with shortish episodes during the sneachta there. Stumbled upon 2 on netflix.

Everything Sucks. Kinda like Stranger Things without the monsters or any of the creepy stuff. Good fun. Well worth the watch. The lead female character is a ringer for the curly haired lad in Stranger Things.

Little Lunch. This is actually a kids show from Australia but it's an absolute hoot. The Irish kid in it is fantastic. It's about a bunch of kids and the things they get up to during their lunch break. It's one of those shows you could watch with the kids but there's a level there for the oldies too.

Was looking for a series with shortish episodes during the sneachta there. Stumbled upon 2 on netflix.

Everything Sucks. Kinda like Stranger Things without the monsters or any of the creepy stuff. Good fun. Well worth the watch. The lead female character is a ringer for the curly haired lad in Stranger Things.

Little Lunch. This is actually a kids show from Australia but it's an absolute hoot. The Irish kid in it is fantastic. It's about a bunch of kids and the things they get up to during their lunch break. It's one of those shows you could watch with the kids but there's a level there for the oldies too.
Have you watched The Good Place? Perfect short episode show.

i hope you're all watching Counterpart?

1 episode left in Altered Carbon, then on to the new Jessica Jones. Have a load of XFiles to watch too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back