What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Blood Drive. Set in a post apocalyptic LA where criminals race each other in cars run on human blood. Sold as a homage to 80s exploitation flicks. First episode is a bit rubbish. Wondering if I should continue.

I caught up with Season 4 of Silicon Valley over the last few days.. It's still entertaining enough but it feels like a series that's running out of steam a bit. I wish they'd allow plot arcs to develop gradually over the course of the season, instead of the ongoing crisis-of-the-week thing where they come up against some apparently insurmountable problem which is solved by the end of the episode (and any sort of progress they make seems to get instantly erased). TJ Miller leaving might be a good thing if it forces them to be a bit more inventive for the 5th season.

Blood Drive. Set in a post apocalyptic LA where criminals race each other in cars run on human blood. Sold as a homage to 80s exploitation flicks. First episode is a bit rubbish. Wondering if I should continue.
2nd episode has some great kills

Mr Mercedes: Brendan Gleeson plays an ex cop hunting a killer who ploughed a car into a bunch of people at a jobs fair. This is great. Mr Gleeson is as good as ever.

The Sinner: Jessica Biel plays a woman who commits a seemingly random act of violence and Bill Pullman is the cop investigating the case. Starts out very well, the opening episode is extremely unsettling. As the backstory becomes clearer it starts to become more of a traditional police procedural but it's still well acted and directed.

Finished Iron Fist last night. Not fantastic, but I got stuck into the 8 episodes I hadn't watched yet over the weekend so I could get started on The Defenders... which i hear now is also not great.

Finally started the latest House Of Cards recently too. It's been too long since the last series and I haven't a breeze what's going on.

Other stuff I've fallen behind on includes Preacher, Glow, The Strain and others I can't even remember.

The Defenders! Only two episodes left!

That boardroom scene! Yet another triumph for Run The Jewels.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

agreed, it's really good.

The main kid is a ringer in every way for Abed from Community.

Gotta disagree I'm really frustrated by this show. It's supporting characters and their stories I.e. how were dealing with living with a family member on the spectrum are fantastic but the actual central voice, the character with autism is written dehumanisingly bad. I feel like I love what they were trying to do but it's just....ugh. I had to stop watching which annoyed me cause I was digging the sisters story.

Finished The Defenders. I found it very acceptable, with a couple of great fight scenes. Dunno why, but I was surprised at their inclusion of a (too brief) discussion on race & privilege.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back