What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Wait, chlamydia counts?
Jeremy.jpg

It's symptomless so it's fine.

Wallander on the free UPC thing.

S'alright. Bit midsummer murders but with everyone having Swedish names. Kenneth Branagh has a good haircut in it and a wonky mouth, sighs a lot. Loki from the avengers is in it with a not so good haircut.

This

RooftopHomicide.jpg

90's demo version of The Wire. Very 90's especially the intro

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great characters, good dialogue and some really good performances.

(Homicide)

90's demo version of The Wire. Very 90's especially the intro

Great characters, good dialogue and some really good performances.

It's also kind of fascinating as an example of network interference, they gradually destroyed the show over the course of seasons 3-6 in an attempt to bring in more viewers - watch as the old ugly cops get killed off and replaced with younger better looking versions, and the writing gets more hokey.. First couple of seasons are great though, that episode from I think season 2 where the entire thing is just a long extremely tense interrogation scene is fantastic TV. It's also interesting to spot the stories and characters that came from real cases in David Simon's book.

It's also kind of fascinating as an example of network interference, they gradually destroyed the show over the course of seasons 3-6 in an attempt to bring in more viewers - watch as the old ugly cops get killed off and replaced with younger better looking versions, and the writing gets more hokey.. First couple of seasons are great though, that episode from I think season 2 where the entire thing is just a long extremely tense interrogation scene is fantastic TV. It's also interesting to spot the stories and characters that came from real cases in David Simon's book.
I'm not going to go much further than one or two seasons I remember it going shit when it was on TV. Really liking it at the moment though.

i've watched the whole first season of last tango in halifax today

it's centred on two oldsters falling in love 60 years after they first knew each other, and all the relationships between their family members and some other characters mixed in

it can be very twee, especially at the start, but it keeps getting better and better with every episode

it also has a strong lesbian storyline that doesn't involve any sexy teenagers/twentysomethings, blue hair or piercings

this review is slightly spoilery after the first couple of paragraphs:
Last Tango in Halifax: Get On This Show and its Late-in-Life Gay Lady Character | Autostraddle

Brooklyn Nine Nine. Some of the jokes miss their mark but this is generally pretty funny. Easy watching, I binged half the first season in one evening.

I like it, the straight laced chief and his assistant especially. I generally can't stand the main dude but he's good in this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back