What television series are you currently making your way through? (14 Viewers)

Hannibal.

Never has ridiculousness been so po-faced and beautifully filmed. Season 1 is stupid but watchable, but season 2 is an amazing mix of surrealism, homosexual subtext, cringe inducing violence and complete and total insanity. It's like the people who made it went

"Don't you think this is a bit... you know... too much ?"

"I think you mean, not enough..... more blood"

"Won't people turn it off ?"

"Nah fuck it, sure look how awesome it looks"

"Yeah actually you're right..... More mad shit, throw in another black goo horned demon sequence and get the lad that does the marks and spencer food ads on the phone, we need this terriaki to look even more tasty and fuck it sure gay up those pouts lads we're freaking out the norms here"

Utterly bonkers, totally laughable at times. Easily the stupidest show on telly and therefore brilliant. Like CSI meets The Human Centipede directed by the Marquis De Sade and written by a google app which combines anatomy and psychology texts without caring if any of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Hilariously watchable.

Surprisingly, most of the psychology/neuroscience is spot on. However, the chances of so many rare disorders being encountered by one small group of people is quite slim.

Surprisingly, most of the psychology/neuroscience is spot on. However, the chances of so many rare disorders being encountered by one small group of people is quite slim.
I'm sure it's well researched but the dialogue is written like to computers trying to outsmart each other. David Fincher probably loves it.

I just downloaded the first season of Columbo

Gonna watch the Spielberg episode tonight.

If I ever get out of here.

Columbo's 1970s run is mostly great.

The revival in 1989 and beyond, so-so.

That first season is a gem - Dead Weight, Short Fuse and Lady In Waiting are all excellent.

columbo_article.jpg

Mark Ruffalo Could Be The New Columbo? | News | Dark Horizons

I finished a binge watch of S1 of Rick & Morty there last week. Great adult swim cartoon about a kid and mad scientist grand father traveling to alternate universes. Dan Harmon being one of the writers/producers/voice of Rick (I think).
are there any other cartoons of a similar calibre on adult swim?

just watched The Fall, pretty great stuff

i love the blank stare stella gives to any lad trying to pull some bullshit

"you don't know the effect you have on men"
/blank stare/
'i'm sorry, that was stoopid...i'll leave now'

and a nice echo of the killer lad feeding the similar 'i can't control myself around you' line to the teenage babysitter in the same episode, to noticeably better effect

I finished a binge watch of S1 of Rick & Morty there last week. Great adult swim cartoon about a kid and mad scientist grand father traveling to alternate universes. Dan Harmon being one of the writers/producers/voice of Rick (I think).

I wanted to watch this last night. Took all fucking evening to download it though. Will defo watch this weekend.

i'm on the third part of prime suspect 4

big boss superintendent: "i'm taking you off the case!"

tennison: "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" :eek:

oh keep up tennison, this happens EVERY EPISODE

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back