What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

Has anyone watched Shadow & Bone season 2? I can't remember what I thought of season 1.
I watched season 1 and liked it. My daughter loved the books so her tutting and bitching about inconsistencies weirdly added to it.
Started season 2 and even after the recap, it’s a blank.
I don’t think I liked it enough to watch all of season 1 again, but I’m going to have to.

The first season is great
The second season is ok
The third season is not very good
I've just started into season 3 and, so far, the whole thing is way better than expected.

I'm really invested in a lot of these characters and that little fucker Sascha is one of the most hateful little pricks I've ever seen in any TV show ever. Well acted that lad.

I see the direction season 3 is going in and I fully expect it to confuse the shit out of itself, but so far I'm good with it.

But some things

are these handful of people in britain and france the only survivors on the entire planet?

are those handful of 'aliens' (why are they still called 'aliens' when its been established they are human?) the only aliens left in the entire planet? Like, whats happening in Australia?)

what happened Tom and Emily's dad? I don't remember him getting killed but he seems to have disappeared from the show.

Time travellers? Really? Thats not how Orson Welles told it, I don't think...

There were robots, now there are people. Where did those people come from? Are they the babies that were stolen? How did they grow up that quickly?

Ash was great. Pricks killing him off.

I've just started into season 3 and, so far, the whole thing is way better than expected.

I'm really invested in a lot of these characters and that little fucker Sascha is one of the most hateful little pricks I've ever seen in any TV show ever. Well acted that lad.

I see the direction season 3 is going in and I fully expect it to confuse the shit out of itself, but so far I'm good with it.

But some things

are these handful of people in britain and france the only survivors on the entire planet?

are those handful of 'aliens' (why are they still called 'aliens' when its been established they are human?) the only aliens left in the entire planet? Like, whats happening in Australia?)

what happened Tom and Emily's dad? I don't remember him getting killed but he seems to have disappeared from the show.

Time travellers? Really? Thats not how Orson Welles told it, I don't think...

There were robots, now there are people. Where did those people come from? Are they the babies that were stolen? How did they grow up that quickly?

Ash was great. Pricks killing him off.

it's decent science fiction but i think overall it just suffered from a diminishing budget.

they're not meant to be the only survivors but the implication is there'd be very very few left .the humans/aliens were always there, they just sent the wee robots out to murderise everyone left alive first. there's one creepy as hell scene in the 3rd series that (I don't think) is ever explained, but i think might explain the babies question. Maybe i missed something.

also

that's not how black holes work

7 episodes into From and

Nothing has really happened and it shows no sign of actually going anywhere, it's going to be one of those ones where they just keep adding in new weird shit, resolve nothing and cancel it. Apparently season 3 has been confirmed so plenty of time. But I am enjoying it. My point is why the fuck didn't they drag that dead creature out in to the woods and hatchet it open there instead of bringing it into the gaff, ffs.
it's by no means the best thing that's ever been on tv, but i do look forward to it.

it's decent science fiction but i think overall it just suffered from a diminishing budget.

they're not meant to be the only survivors but the implication is there'd be very very few left .the humans/aliens were always there, they just sent the wee robots out to murderise everyone left alive first. there's one creepy as hell scene in the 3rd series that (I don't think) is ever explained, but i think might explain the babies question. Maybe i missed something.

also

that's not how black holes work
I stuck with it to the end. I have no major complaints. The third season was mostly a bore, but it was fine. I was mostly playing with my phone while watching it. You could poke massive holes in it for sure, but I'd come to like the characters so was just happy to have more time with them.

The biggest problem I had with season 3 though, was

Sascha wasn't really in it and I wanted to see him suffer a horrible death.

Servant. Horror show about a couple who lose their baby, get a therapy doll to get over it and hire a weird nanny to look after the doll. The first season was slow, weird and creepy. Second season is outright bonkers
watching this now.

if I'd known how batshit crazy it was I wouldn't have gone near it

but now I can't look away, even though I haven't a fuckin scoobies whats going on

its as amazing as it is shite. Take from that what you will

A while ago as I was eating dinner I flicked over to PBS America, and they were showing a doc called "The Irish Civil War". I only caught the last few minutes of the last episode. Spoiler: Collins dies.

Today I was chatting to a colleague, who is very well versed in history and all that. And he says to me "I never watch TV, but PBS was on and I accidentally saw this doc about the Irish Civil War." Oh yeah I saw a bit of that too! "Well you kept that quiet".

Genuinely confused, I asked "which, the documentary, or the Civil War?"
"The Civil War"

Ah well, we didn't need those archives anyway mate, but thanks for the canons.

Anyway, he thought it was brilliant. I'm about to delve into it now. Three parts, Brendon Gleeson narrates. Should be free to watch here:

I'm very much enjoying Battlestar Galactica Original series, three episodes in on a channel called horror xtra. This is way more involved than the silly kids show I remember from 30 odd years ago.
Beats the self important remake.

I'm very much enjoying Battlestar Galactica Original series, three episodes in on a channel called horror xtra. This is way more involved than the silly kids show I remember from 30 odd years ago.
Beats the self important remake.

I remember thinking at the time that Dirk Benedict was the greatest for being in that and the A-Team

I remember thinking at the time that Dirk Benedict was the greatest for being in that and the A-Team
Into hour five now. They just did an episode where Starbuck's on a prison planet inhabited by alcoholic Irish people with no concept of history.

It seems to be obligatory in Sci-Fi, having a toora-loora episode.

I'm continuing with my efforts to watch TV, and started into 1899 for some reason.

Seems... grand I suppose. Apparently I've become a puritan, as it feels like a relief that there's not endless pointless riding in it.
The main issue I have is the mother looks like she's Jonas Vingegaard's mam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back