What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Severance - for about 4 or 5 episodes I was intrigued by the concept, then I realized I was starting to find it rather silly.. I don't know if the combination of bleak corporate culture dystopia and surreal comedy quite gels together, I found the shifts in tone a bit jarring. Great cast and I love the nighmarish office of the future circa 1960 vibe but I think one season of it might be enough for me.

Severance - for about 4 or 5 episodes I was intrigued by the concept, then I realized I was starting to find it rather silly.. I don't know if the combination of bleak corporate culture dystopia and surreal comedy quite gels together, I found the shifts in tone a bit jarring. Great cast and I love the nighmarish office of the future circa 1960 vibe but I think one season of it might be enough for me.
Happy Ben Stiller GIF by Apple TV+

I watched Pistol, as @GO said it was terrific here, and I agree. I really didn’t expect to enjoy it.

Also watched Welcome to Chippendales, which is an interesting story, and well acted by Nunjiani.

83 was great.

86 was not so great, though there's a lot of history that I think most of us would have known nothing about.

89 was better iirc. Though again historically that might just be because I have some memory of those events.

83 was great.

86 was not so great, though there's a lot of history that I think most of us would have known nothing about.

89 was better iirc. Though again historically that might just be because I have some memory of those events.
that seems to what most people thought - 83 was best and second series was lesser of the three.

most of the history I knew about e.g. NATO Pershing missiles in WG (Greenham Common ditto), tragic proxy war in Angola (1975-2002), bombings in Berlin etc. apart from some German domestic stuff - e.g. the assassination of a financier.

they used up their quota of 99 Luftballons in first few minutes of the first episode.
also noticed DAF - Verschwende deine Jugend in first series and fellow Dusseldorf buddies FEHLFARBEN's - Ein Jahr.... is playing on the radio when two lads are driving.
I knew the theme song already too by Peter Schilling a big Neue Deutsche Welle hit.
in the Angola episode in 86 a part of a long remix of Such A Shame by TALK TALK is used during an absurdly spectacular slow motion moment which transfixes everyone during a battle.
this was a top 5 hit nearly everywhere in Europe in 1984 but flopped in the UK.

Not a reality TV show watcher at all but ended up watching BBC's The Traitors over the last week. Gotta say thought it was brilliant entertainment. Claudia Winkelman presenting it. Loads of badly thought out backstabbing going on. Very enjoyable no thinking needed TV. 20 or so folks spend their days in a big house in Scotland. 3 are picked as traitors from day 1 and "murder" a contestant every night. Last man standing idea. up to the non traitors (faithfuls) to figure out who is doing the killing so every night there is a vote to try and get a traitor out, after which who ever is voted is kicked out and reveals to them what side they're on before they leave.

Gangs of London.
I thought it was going to be another version of Top Boy, but it definitely isn’t. Violent from the very start, almost at pearl clutching levels. The acting and storyline are been pretty good so I’m expecting it to be cancelled, if it hasn’t already.

Last week I watched 'Loot' and 'Wedding Season' (AppleTV and Disney respectively), one right after the other. Both are decent but it was kind of a mad coincidence that the house used in the last couple of episodes of both is the exact same house, and the cars are the exact same cars.

Inside number 9.

Series 7 now apparently.

I'm sitting here with the headphones on trying not to upset the housemates, but I busted myself laughing more than once watching episode one, giggling like a dickhead.

Then, within a couple of minutes, I was bawling.

Is this some kind of Agatha Christie thing where we all keep The Big Secret or something? You all need to watch this.

Gangs of London.
I thought it was going to be another version of Top Boy, but it definitely isn’t. Violent from the very start, almost at pearl clutching levels. The acting and storyline are been pretty good so I’m expecting it to be cancelled, if it hasn’t already.
I was very much mistaken.
It’s repetitive and just plain stupid. I made it to the start of the second series, so I tried to stick with it.

Into Happy Valley season 2. Really good. Season 1 was good. Men = psychos, idiots, shortcut-takers, unrestrained fools. Women = put-upon, hard-working, earnest, decent. Which is all pretty believable actually lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back