What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Deadmanposting

Supporter
I realise this probably makes me a bad person, but i do not hate The Pentaverate, after completely expecting to

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Drifters on Netflix. Its Inbetweeners type humour with 2 of the love interests from the Inbetweeners Movie (written by one of them). Short episodes, mostly throwaway stuff, but you get the odd belly-laugh. The first season is worth the watch. The seasons after, not so much.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
The Mayor Of Kingstown ..like a 70's blaxploitation movie but modern . Brilliantish

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Outer Range.

Not sure about this. I liked it well enough but feel it could be "better".

It's reminding me of "Dark" with the flip-flopping between time periods

Also, the CGI on the buffalo herd? Pee-yew

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Finished Ted Lasso S2 last night. Sure, it's a very Americanised view of English life, and an idealistic view of male relationships that completely avoids the usual toxicity that we all know exists, but I still thought it was great. One of the most positive TV shows out there.

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Finished Ted Lasso S2 last night. Sure, it's a very Americanised view of English life, and an idealistic view of male relationships that completely avoids the usual toxicity that we all know exists, but I still thought it was great. One of the most positive TV shows out there.
Didn't enjoy s2 at all after loving s1

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Started on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds last night. Pretty good! Very much the closest one to the original series yet. Well, after 1 episode anyway.

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
Under the Banner of Heaven. True crime drama about murder and conspiracy in the Mormon community. This is really good. Reminds me of True Detective season 1. They go hard on the Mormons.

The Essex Serpent. Decent enough historical romance with a hint of folk horror. Good atmosphere. Makes Essex look like a spooky backwater which i guess it was at the time.

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
Also watching We Own This City which is a return to the streets of Baltimore for David Simon and co. Very Wirelike story of corrupt cops and drug dealers with tons of Wire cast members. Jon Bernthal is a fucking star though. The man just commands the screen like an insanely charismatic neanderthal

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Shining Girls. It’s good so far but I can’t help wonder why so many tv shows have to feature so much graphic violence against women? Why is that most men can just get shot and fall over, but women almost always have to be shown being stalked, chased, attacked, subdued, tortured, and killed. It's not healthy.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
Shining Girls. It’s good so far but I can’t help wonder why so many tv shows have to feature so much graphic violence against women? Why is that most men can just get shot and fall over, but women almost always have to be shown being stalked, chased, attacked, subdued, tortured, and killed. It's not healthy.
See also: Rape as a plot device.

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Anvil
The Grand Social
35 Liffey St. Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 C3N0, Ireland
Destroyer
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Vultures You Know album launch with Crowhammer
The Thomas house
86 Thomas St, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, Ireland
Angel Olsen
Vicar Street
Vicar St, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads