What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I've watched this Stumptown show on RTE, private detective woman just out of the army comes back to Portland, has PTSD and a brother with Down's Syndrome (I guess) to look after. I think there's a lot of good things done in this show, but was reading about it and apparently it got cancelled after the first season, ha. Although Covid may have had an affect, but still, shit one, there were some real good fight scenes.

That dissapointing it got cancelled. I enjoyed it.

I thought it had been renewed but checking now, that had been reversed because of covid19

we are now on to Season 2. its actually quite good. Glen is fucking hilarious
it gets better. I'm thinking its going to be one of those things that demand a rewatch cos there's a load of subtle jokes in there.

Season 2 is actually really clever. I love those little in-between scenes thing where they just show something or someone, without anything being said. Like the kid looking at the crows.

And the storyline about Glenn and the morning-after pill. Hilarious.

Watched some of that Superstore on Netflix. Snappy 20-minute episodes. It seems too shiny and american to be any use, but I'm warming to it. It definitely has some laugh-out-loud moments.
This has all the ingredients of a good american sitcom - good cast, fast pace jokes, non sequiturs, mild social commentary but it just isn't funny. Felt everything was trying a little too hard.

About 4 episodes in to Wandavision. The first couple were making me think. "what the fuck is this shit?" But there's a thing happening now. Though it may still be shit.
Yeah, I thought that during episode. Like, I'm vaguely aware of the references but not being american i don't care about them, and I didn't bother carrying on.

Yeah, I thought that during episode. Like, I'm vaguely aware of the references but not being american i don't care about them, and I didn't bother carrying on.

I watched a lot of bewitched after school on sky one in the 90's so I get what they're aping, I just don't care that much about it.

When you get to Season 3 and Glen's penis, think of me...

Haven't laughed so much in years. Great show!
a very funny episode. jesus we were in stitches

it gets better. I'm thinking its going to be one of those things that demand a rewatch cos there's a load of subtle jokes in there.

Season 2 is actually really clever. I love those little in-between scenes thing where they just show something or someone, without anything being said. Like the kid looking at the crows.

And the storyline about Glenn and the morning-after pill. Hilarious.

yeah the little cutaways to random shit happenin is gas. its done very well
This has all the ingredients of a good american sitcom - good cast, fast pace jokes, non sequiturs, mild social commentary but it just isn't funny. Felt everything was trying a little too hard.

have to say i do not get it trying to hard at all at all

Been wondering about this. The allegations came to light after they'd finished filming, so do you think they brought him back in to film the death scene, or they just literally grabbed a film still of his face and put some floaty blood in front of it?

CGI

Finished Season 2 of Trapped yesterday, it's fuckin great. Yeah there's a little bit of the standard 'bad cops bad cops' at times, but it's good grimness. And they're making or have made a season 3 now wooo

a very funny episode. jesus we were in stitches

yeah the little cutaways to random shit happenin is gas. its done very well

have to say i do not get it trying to hard at all at all
Ok, I'm won over. Still think the writing is a bit patchy in places but lots of these comedies take a while to find their feet. I like all the characters so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back