What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Someone on another forum recommended an Amazon Prime show from last year called 'Undone', which I watched the entirety of over the last couple of nights (there are only eight 22 minute episodes so you can comfortably do it in 2 sittings). It's a bit hard to describe without giving away too much but essentially the main character develops the ability to experience time in a non-linear way (she may also be spiraling into mental illness). The rotoscoped animation style fits the subject matter really well and there's a light touch to the writing with plenty of humour. I thought this was very nicely done and maybe one of my favourite TV shows of the last few years. There's apparently a 2nd season on the way, I'm not sure how they will pull that off without erasing some of the ambiguities that give depth to the 1st season but fingers crossed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Someone on another forum recommended an Amazon Prime show from last year called 'Undone', which I watched the entirety of over the last couple of nights (there are only eight 22 minute episodes so you can comfortably do it in 2 sittings). It's a bit hard to describe without giving away too much but essentially the main character develops the ability to experience time in a non-linear way (she may also be spiraling into mental illness). The rotoscoped animation style fits the subject matter really well and there's a light touch to the writing with plenty of humour. I thought this was very nicely done and maybe one of my favourite TV shows of the last few years. There's apparently a 2nd season on the way, I'm not sure how they will pull that off without erasing some of the ambiguities that give depth to the 1st season but fingers crossed.

Haven't seen it but Rotoscope forever!

I was hanging around with someone who has a TV and stuff over the last few days, and we watched White Lines, on Netflix.

It's about english wankers, being english, only in Ibiza. And there's loads of riding, because Ibiza. Also there's loads of drugs, again, because Ibiza.

There's also a sprinkling of foreigners, a fair number of whom get involved with being killed, and also the riding, and drugs.

Unmitigated shite altogether.

After hearing Rachel Bloom on Adam Buxton's podcast we decided to give Crazy Ex-Girfriend a go. It's a struggle to begin with but gets really good. A few honest LOLs in there.

Life on Mars. Sort of like quantum leap but in Manchester, and all in 1973. The guy who plays the unreconstructed 70's copper is great

Love this show, watched it again last year.

Been binging Altered Carbon since Sunday. Started Season 2 last night. Loving it but gonna need more sci fi other than the Expanse after it.

The History of Swearwords on Netflix. Nic Cage hosting is pretty funny I guess, but too many comedians I've never heard of being unfunny. The actual history stuff is pretty interesting.

Randomly stuck on season 9 of the US Office last night. I laughed a bit, real comfort watching during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Love this show, watched it again last year.

Been binging Altered Carbon since Sunday. Started Season 2 last night. Loving it but gonna need more sci fi other than the Expanse after it.

We've moved on to Ashes To Ashes, a bit more meta and knowing than LOM. Still think Gene is great though.

Suburra . Its garbage but fuck it theres nothing else on

Bridgerton - very enjoyable fluff. A nice antidote to the misery of The Crown.
This Country - gentle and funny mockumentary from the BBC about two cousins living in a rural village.

Bridgerton - very enjoyable fluff. A nice antidote to the misery of The Crown.
This Country - gentle and funny mockumentary from the BBC about two cousins living in a rural village.
they tried a bit too hard to be woke though, no? Like, I'm all for fairness among ethnic minorities being in stuff and that, but this was ridiculous. Imagine having someone from galway in the royal family. sake.

Anyone watch Raised by Wolves? I thought the first few episodes were fantastic, then it became very pedestrian with a scattering “oh FFS” moments, and the last few episodes were just “what now?”. Very mixed feelings overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back