What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I watched the first episode of Ratched last night and really didn't like it, hated it actually. Has anyone else watched it and know if it gets any better?
We've been watching it. It's ok. The visuals and sets are class, just a bit, and I hate saying this, to woke for it's own good.

I didn't pick that up off it. I thought the whole thing was really over stylized.
It looks great but an interesting, and believable character from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as a Machiavellian serial killer....nah

It's too detached from reality in every way

Maybe if I could detach it from the source material I might enjoy it more but it had the same effect on me as American Horror Story- too much style over substance, and then I read that it's by the same creator.

So no, not for me.

It looks great but an interesting, and believable character from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as a Machiavellian serial killer....nah

The last time I saw Cuckoo's nest I came out of it thinking that there's probably a more nuanced and sympathetic reading on the character than the traditional one, especially in the light of woman's experiences being heard more, but when I saw the trailer for that I assumed that they didn't even remotely go near that. Have I assumed right? It'd be a shame as I generally think Sarah Paulson is good in everything she does

It's too detached from reality in every way

Maybe if I could detach it from the source material I might enjoy it more but it had the same effect on me as American Horror Story- too much style over substance, and then I read that it's by the same creator.

So no, not for me.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I just couldn't get past the idea that they were doing that thing that Hollywood's been doing for the last few years of trying to sell something to people by wrapping it up in a familiar package to make it more palatable.

Anyways, didn't do it for me. And I liked the first season of American Horror story when I saw it.

Re-watching season 1 of The Walking Dead. God be with the days when it was good. I plan to re-watch seasons 1 and 2 (and might stretch to 3). It went to shite after that.
I persevered until season 7 I think, but only out of some weird sense of loyalty. It had such great potential but man it got so boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back