What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Struggled through to the end of season 2 of The Terror. Second half it really lost it's way after a good start. Wasn't terrible or anything but not a patch on season. Not that it had anything to do with S01. I think the only connection is Ridley Scott as Executive Producer. None of the same writers, directors; story completely different - even thematically it wasn't all that close.

On the lookout for something else now.
Righteous Gemstones, watch it.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Struggled through to the end of season 2 of The Terror. Second half it really lost it's way after a good start. Wasn't terrible or anything but not a patch on season. Not that it had anything to do with S01. I think the only connection is Ridley Scott as Executive Producer. None of the same writers, directors; story completely different - even thematically it wasn't all that close.

On the lookout for something else now.
Yeah I felt the same. Literally zero connection to season 1 or any of the author's other works. And it wasn't scary. I don't know why they made it. Didn't finish it.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I watched The End of the Fucking World Season 2 which surprised me greatly by being as good as Season 1. Loved it. Basically all Brits are 500% better when they don't have LDN accents.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Really? I thought season 1 was perfect and I have no interest in watching another one
I also thought that but I chanced it and it really works! It's honestly like when a writer writes a sequel because they have something to say rather than because someone waved big bucks at them.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I also thought that but I chanced it and it really works! It's honestly like when a writer writes a sequel because they have something to say rather than because someone waved big bucks at them.
I might give it a go. You're right about Northern brits being sounder than southern ones. I think Londoners are fine in general but it's the cunts from the shires that are the worst

xsteox

Threads
I watched The End of the Fucking World Season 2 which surprised me greatly by being as good as Season 1. Loved it. Basically all Brits are 500% better when they don't have LDN accents.
Hmm, maybe it picks up, but we've watched a few of the episodes and it's pretty dull. Bar Bonnie, who is great. We did enjoy first season.

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I wanted to watch that BBC War Of The Worlds,but saw some reviews online so presume I've missed it until it's repeated.

ann post

Threads
the hatter sprayed him with radioactive spray and all his other cowls are in the bat-home-dry-cleaning-facility which is already at maximum.

I'm really growing into this dumb theatrical slightly camp fun. The penguin and his gang are class. modern tv BORING.

His trademark "quacking" sound had been created to prevent the non-smoking Meredith from ruining takes by coughing whenever the frequently-smoking Penguin smoked.
Here he is in a later screen role.

prefuse

Threads
Rick Stein's secret France.
I really like his programs. A mix of travelogue & cooking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Live at the Fillmore East October 4th & 5th 1968
    Life - Live at the Fillmore East, New York, NY [Show 4] - October 5, 1968
    Sly & The Family Stone
    Live at the Fillmore East October 4th & 5th 1968

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads