What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
I'm not bothered with Columbo the crime always happens at the beginning and we are shown every part of it. The rest is Columbo putting the shits up whoever done it and waiting for them to make a slip up. Fair enough but where is the mystery we know who done it and that he is going to catch them.

flashback

Threads
Also, this is a thing

Managed not to see this.

Quick aside, Hungarian is an impressively incomprehensible language. I was in Hungary for a few weeks; understood nothing when I left.

I've been hearing Hungarian not every day, but not far off it for the last couple of years; managed to pick up the word for Hello, Yes and No. I'm just about getting my head around "Cheers".

We're not talking about "oh yeah, the grammar is fierce complicated and intimidating" or tricky pronunciations, we're talking I've been listening to this stuff for well over a year and have **fuck all idea** what's being discussed even in the broadest sense.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Yeah the more I think about it, that second episiode was bordering on entrapment.
American law is mad, but yeah, there are a few plots that just would not work out that way in real life. Best not to think about it.

jonah

Threads
I couldn't get over how long the episode I watched was, it could easily have been covered in 45 minutes but it was like 2 hours + long? But I think that very slowness and humour was part of why I actually enjoyed it so much, its so different to the kind of crime tv we have now.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
The pacing, tone, music, cinematography, subtle humour, great characterization ...all spot on (until the 80s)

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I'm not bothered with Columbo the crime always happens at the beginning and we are shown every part of it. The rest is Columbo putting the shits up whoever done it and waiting for them to make a slip up. Fair enough but where is the mystery we know who done it and that he is going to catch them.
It's not a mystery show.

Although trying to work out at what point Columbo himself twigs is a bit of a game.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
It's not a mystery show.

Although trying to work out at what point Columbo himself twigs is a bit of a game.
Interestingly, the last episode (or what they thought was going to be the last episode) 'Last Salute to the Commodore' is a traditional mystery,even down to gathering all the suspects in a room for the final reveal.

They should have stopped making them after that.

ann post

Threads
Columbo just sent honor blackman to prison using entrapment. Her voice is awful and all but what a dick.

The set in england one is a bit shit because it doesn't have the music.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads