What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Did anyone else find the girl in Russian Doll's hammy 50s tough guy spiel annoying? And her uber liberal hipster friends? And every scene featuring a too self aware ethnic mix?
Thinking about it again makes me dislike it even more.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Did anyone else find the girl in Russian Doll's hammy 50s tough guy spiel annoying? And her uber liberal hipster friends? And every scene featuring a too self aware ethnic mix?
Thinking about it again makes me dislike it even more.
50s noir dialogue - initially annoying but grew on me
Diverse liberal rich hipsters - yes, this bugs me about most shows made about young people living in new york. Every character is uber liberal, diverse, smart and rich. Where are the skint dum dums?

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Re-watched the most recent season of Game of Thrones so I remember what happened ahead of the final season in a couple of weeks. It really had it's moments in the first few episodes but had forgotten quite how bad the last couple were.

prefuse

Threads
I'm watching episodes of two 50+ year old TV shows that I recorded off the horror channel.
Land of the giants & The Invaders.
I hadn't heard of the invaders before (its okay) but I remember watching repeats of LOTG in the 80's. There was loads of reruns of 60's & 70's TV shows shown in the 80's.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
What We Do In The Shadows

Very good - way better than the movie. Still laughing at the crepe paper scene.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Watching season 2 of Top of the Lake. I remembered the first one as being gritty and realistic but this one is weird. All the men are sexual deviants who seem to have no control of their libidos, except that one guy (Pyke) who is useless on every level. There is something really "off" about everyone behaves and interacts with each other. I could forgive it if it was in something intentionally quirky like Fargo but I find this really jarring.

Also this happened :
ghost_top_of_the_lake.jpg

xsteox

Threads
American gods season 2. It's good, but they're still fleshing out a lot of the characters and their back grounds.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Watching Most Beautiful Things on Netflix. It's a Brasilian show, so dubbed (which I'm not normally mad about). But it's quite classy, in a Mad Men kind of way. It's set in the late 50s/early 60s and the styles and attitudes very much reflect that. And god, everyone is so pretty in it.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Watching Most Beautiful Things on Netflix. It's a Brasilian show, so dubbed (which I'm not normally mad about). But it's quite classy, in a Mad Men kind of way. It's set in the late 50s/early 60s and the styles and attitudes very much reflect that. And god, everyone is so pretty in it.
Is there no option to watch with subtitles?

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
watched 1 episode of Derry Girls and can't really see what the fuss is about. But I'm afraid to say that out loud cos I'll be lynched on twitter.

Also, never heard of Fleabag until this week, and its the second greatest thing ever, after Derry Girls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Moment EP
    Starry Night - Original Mix
    Peggy Gou
    Moment EP
  • The Calling
    Observer
    Sevdaliza
    The Calling

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Donate!

Total amount
€0.00
Goal
€100.00

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads