What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. Very good. Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious as Count Olaf. A much more restrained performance than Jim Carrey in the film. Both great performances but NPH is making me laugh more.

Recently: The Glitch - Australian people returning from the dead for no apparent reason drama. Thought it was pretty good until the end. When it became apparent there was none. Oh well.

Now: Show Me A Hero - David Simon. You the man. One episode left in this. Maybe the golden age of television isn't quite over.

Currently watching Portlandia which is a weird but hilarious sketch show with loads of deadly cameos. Kyle MacLachlan is amazing as the mayor and Steve Buscemi pops up a few times.

Currently watching Portlandia which is a weird but hilarious sketch show with loads of deadly cameos. Kyle MacLachlan is amazing as the mayor and Steve Buscemi pops up a few times.

I could never really get into it. One of the people in the first episode, one of the hide and seekers, was a guy I played a gig with once. Got a shock when I saw him

Taboo. What's going on? Don't ask me. What's everyone saying? No idea. Why is Tom Hardy pretending to be Ollie Reed? I don't know. So, yeah. Great.

Amy 'famous for being famous' Huberman
In fairness, she's ok. But the show is awful, and that's a fucking pain in the tits could I'd love Irish tv to be good, to be something to aspire to. But this is wack. Rebellion was pants. Charlie was mince. They look good, we clearly have some talent in that department, but the scripts are awful. And the editing is remedial.

having a professional intrest in Irish tv and that. The opportunities are not there because it looks like marketing people write the stories.

My favourite BBC4 Art Ponce is back next Monday.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love everything he does on the beeb. Always engaging. Knows his art.

Wolf Creek the tv show. Takes the focus away from Mick Taylor and onto other characters. Mick's still there as the main antagonist but they've scaled him back and made him less cartoony than the second film. I liked it. Still fairly gruelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back