What other styles would you like to be able play? (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

I love to be able play more jazzy stuff and acoustic fingerstyle, like the great old brit folk rock players meself. I have a book on ragtime for guitar. I'm going to tackle it.

Bossa Nova.

Even looking at the chord charts gives me a headache and my hand is too small to make a lot of the chord shapes.
I would love to get a 3/4 spanish guitar and get one of Dublin's new Brazilian inhabitants to teach me something.

Spanish guitar would be my top one too. I'd also like to be able to play songs I've written... you know.... like... eh..... actually play them well.

So yeah I'd like to be good at playing guitar.

I think I can see the sails on that ship as it drifts over the horizon though. And my own lack of dexterity and skill is giving me the finger from the stern as it disappears.

not really interested in learning other styles, perfectly happy with my ham fisted assaults on my guitar, but i wish i'd stuck with piano lessons as a kid.
would love to be able to play it effortlessly

not really interested in learning other styles, perfectly happy with my ham fisted assaults on my guitar, but i wish i'd stuck with piano lessons as a kid.
would love to be able to play it effortlessly

Yeah, me too. I just wish it hadn't been solely focused on those dreadfully boring RIAM exam peices. If I'd been taught some music I actually liked I would have stuck with it for sure.

I believe it's much improved now though.

I'd like to break out of playing the same scales and phrases all the time
I have this great book by Mickey Baker that I really have to get stuck into

I'd like my 2008 fingerstyle chops back. Been working a lot on electric playing as i was almost totally out of it for years. I'd mostly like 5-6 hours a day to devote to playing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back