What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Beyond the black rainbow (2010)

I've been meaning to watch this. It's the directorial debut of Panos Cosmatos who directed the really impressive psychedelic horror film Mandy (2018). It's set in a strange, futuristic medical institute where a doctor is obsessively observing a teenage girl in patient who is in a catatonic state. It starts off weird and gets a lot weirder. It's visually and stylistically brilliant as expected, with a dark 80s style synth soundtrack. It's strange, slow moving, menacing, hallucinagenic, nightmarish in places. If that hasn't turned you off the full film it up on YouTube. The sound and picture quality is excellent but there are English subtitles.

Last edited:
Heat (1995)
Haven't seen it in forever
I remember it as a badass heist movie
Hard not to watch the other half more closely now - where these men destroy the lives of the women who love them
No way Mann did that by mistake
Every woman gets fucked over here
Even poor Natalie Portman, only a kid still, has he life torn asunder by an absent father.

The thing I remember most is McAuley's 30 second rule. And I had totally forgotten that he renounces it as bullshit before the end of the film, cos he can't live without Brenneman.

It was like watching some kind of feminised Heat woke cut, except the movie has stayed the same and I've gotten older

Art, huh?

There's a third one I'm trying to track down called Sun, Hay, Erotica where they all go to Italy.
View attachment 17186

I watched this last night, residents of a small Czech village getting used to their new capitalist free market world. The first of the series was the best, the second and third each not quite as good as the one before. Still very enjoyable.

The Swimmer (1968)
Burt Lancaster running around in his swimming togs all day being weird, trying to get home by swimming in every pool between his friends house and his own house. Took me a while to accept the idea but it's good

slacker. never seen it before. fantastic stuff. very enjoyable. feel like my 20 year old self could really relate to it but don't see how anyone in today's age could.

First 30 mins of High Rise ... Fell asleep need to finish it. A bit weird.

Bronson .... entertaining,a bit weird.

Blood and black lace (1964)

After watching loads of film rankings & Blu-ray unboxings of Italian giallo films I'm starting to check them out. I've read this is a good place to start. A mysterious masked killer is murdering bee -you- tee -full women from a glamorous fashion business and the cops are trying to catch the killer. Apparently this is the plot for most giallo films. Directed by Mario Bava, this is a great looking film. Beautifully shot in rich colours with interesting framing & camera angles. The use of coloured lighting is also really cool. Almost like a graphic novel. Bava may have been making exploitation, horror films, but the guy was an artist. The violence is certainly more graphic that British or American horrors from the same period, but its the visuals that elevation it above what is a fairly routine plot...but that's okay. Overall I liked it. Must check out more.
Full film up on YouTube.

Last edited:
You Hurt My Feelings .. wednesday night entertainment for middle aged folks

Two bullies on a NYC subway basically.

Sat in with the skipper and his buddy watching one of those "classic movies" channels. So I was expecting some B&W overacted thing. "Now listen see here mister" etc.
Walked into the middle of this thing. It's amazing, I was begging for the ad breaks, literally couldn't breathe in parts.

It's a bit 12 Angry Men, Clockwork Orange owes it something, or it was just like being a teenager in the 90's.

Features a young Martin Sheen and a young Beau Bridges.

Edit: IMDB said most of what I just wrote. Fuckit. It's really good, watch it. It's called "The Incident".

Last edited:

Two bullies on a NYC subway basically.

Sat in with the skipper and his buddy watching one of those "classic movies" channels. So I was expecting some B&W overacted thing. "Now listen see here mister" etc.
Walked into the middle of this thing. It's amazing, I was begging for the ad breaks, literally couldn't breathe in parts.

It's a bit 12 Angry Men, Clockwork Orange owes it something, or it was just like being a teenager in the 90's.

Features a young Martin Sheen and a young Beau Bridges.

Edit: IMDB said most of what I just wrote. Fuckit. It's really good, watch it. It's called "The Incident".
The TCM channel shows fuckin loads of class shit

Conquest of the planet of the apes (1972)
The son of Cornelius & Zira leads a revolution to overthrow the cruelty of their human masters.
The apes go apeshit basically. My third favourite of the original five films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back