What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

The Return of the King. Fucking pinnacle of movie making.

“Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!”

*punches air*

Yea 3’s decent

Big fan of Prometheus over here

Covenant wasn’t bad either
Prometheus looked beautiful, and had a couple of good performers in it who carried everyone else but the plot was daft and the supporting characters were so shit that they undid most of the good work Rapace and Fassbender did.

Covenant is a bit of a non-entity but deserves credit because that scene in the field where the Xenomorphs bolt out of the darkness is deadly.

All Alien films are good actually
I haven’t seen Alien Resurrection since the days of VHS. Alien Vs Predator has a terrific build-up but then shits the bed. AVP2: The Transformers was beyond shit.

Has anyone read William Gibson’s alternate screenplay for Alien3? It’s meant to be good.

Saw Nicholas Cage as Dracula the other day. Good craic, entertaining film. It's total B movie kind of schlock, but naturally there's a masterful performance from The Prince Of Darkness himself, and there's also a couple of great action fight scenes that are very amusing and feature at least 1 really funny death.
Is this a good film? No.
Is this good craic and pretty funny and Cage is amazing? Aye.

Went to Alien and Aliens in the cinema at the weekend. Such a brilliant pair of movies - shame about all the increasingly rubbish ones that came after.
Where was this? They're doing the same double bill thing in the cinema near me. That's hardly a coincidence?

Where was this? They're doing the same double bill thing in the cinema near me. That's hardly a coincidence?
It's on in the Lighthouse.

I'd imagine Alien/Aliens is on the whole time in London in places like the Prince Charles.

No exciting details on the print.. so just standard 2K... even 4K gets screamed from the rooftop these days. And if it's a film print, the cinema would probably rent a blimp coasting across the sky announcing the fact...

Raging Bull 4k which was out recently looked great, but Cries & Whispers and Mike Leigh's Naked have been the best 4k prints I've seen in the last few years. That Cries & Whispers 4k print - wowser.

Ah here you go:

"April 26th marks a special date on the sci-fi movie calendar: Alien Day. It lines up with the fateful planet LV-426 from which the terrifying Alien mythology sprang"

Well, I was going to go tomorrow, the nearest cinema is a fancy one, which I've never been to. It's not unlike the Lighthouse.
Unfortunately, sporty work beckons. I won't be able to leave until after the game(s) over man, game(s) over.

Alien ... Great, although the alien was looking a bit rubbery at this stage.

Aliens ... Fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back