What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

De cierta manera

restored version is up on mubi now. this is maybe one of the best films I’ve ever seen. cuban teacher gets a new boyfriend. also all the socio-political questions of the entire twentieth century. plus some great tunes.

Started watching 'the good, the bad and the ugly' tonight (till my wife came in a bit pissed after having won in a choir competition) and I wasn't too pushed at all about having to turn it off. It's a bit hokey.

Started watching 'the good, the bad and the ugly' tonight (till my wife came in a bit pissed after having won in a choir competition) and I wasn't too pushed at all about having to turn it off. It's a bit hokey.
It needs a mood and doesn't really pay off till the 'scene' though it must have wild in the cinema way back when

It's class in the cinema. Wallach is amazing in it, the contrast he gives to the other two. Whatever way they recorded the sound for it is pretty weird though, it does often look like they recorded lines separately to the filming.

from a random on imdb

As an Italian-made movie of that era, the sound was not recorded live. The actors and actresses said their lines in their native languages and the dialogue was dubbed in post-production. This was the traditional way of making movies in Italy and was because of the poor soundproofing in Italian studios. The actors found it somewhat frustrating because the could not understand the words to which their scripts had them responding.

The Dollars movies are great but they’re frustrating to watch. And let’s face it, they are largely vehicles for Eastwood to look tough and for Morricone’s amazing soundtracks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And Alessandroni of course

Encanto (2021)

Another animated film that made me cry because I'm middle aged.

It needs a mood and doesn't really pay off till the 'scene' though it must have wild in the cinema way back when
yeah - you need to be in the right headspace for it - but its a good watch.
the whole thing is stagey in the extreme
and deadly in the cinema.
its significantly better than the other 'dollars' movies - I think they have not stood the test of time that well.

I had somehow never watched Blow-Up before and I went to see it with a friend at a special showing in the cinema, proper full-on style.

I can see why this film is influential. I can understand that it encapsulated a particular era. I can see how it was innovative and boundary-stretching.

nonetheless, I really did not like this movie. I’m still trying to figure out why. I found it clunky and irritating, with weird plotless side-stories and generally awful editing. yes it’s on all the lists as one of the best movies ever. oh well. they’re all wrong.
agree that I don't think it flows that well.

We Have a Ghost on Netflix.

I mean, it's not especially good, but it had me roaring crying at the end. What's happening to me...
that happens to me all the time these days. We're auld lads

Users who are viewing this thread

• ilovehoovering
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back