What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Saw Tar (with the fada on the a) - there's a lot going on in this, felt like I'd watched a miniseries worth of stuff condensed down to a single film. I'm not sure I'm on board with the mostly raving critical reviews but the central performance from Blanchett is certainly worth seeing. The pacing is weird, it's a hefty 2 hrs 40 mins and really takes its time in the buildup and yet I felt the latter part of the story was rushed, to the point where it doesn't quite have a proper emotional payoff. There are elements of psychological horror / thriller that I found quite effective. Would like to see it a second time at some point to unravel the density of it a bit.

Skinamarink. This is pretty cool. Abstract/ambient/liminal horror about two kids who wake up to find their parents missing and the doors in their house all moved around. That’s all you need to know. Incredibly creepy and effective. Like someone captured a childhood nightmare on camera.

M3gan

Really good craic, very entertaining and quite funny. Some great references in it too.
I'm going with my young one on Friday,I'm looking forward to it.

She thought that's what we were going to see last Friday and I surprised her with Enys Men instead. Haha. I thought it was gonna be awesome in fairness..and not like the looped out takes from a 70s public service film.

Skinamarink. This is pretty cool. Abstract/ambient/liminal horror about two kids who wake up to find their parents missing and the doors in their house all moved around. That’s all you need to know. Incredibly creepy and effective. Like someone captured a childhood nightmare on camera.
This sounds great. Is it on streaming or cinema? Don’t make me google it.

Sounds amazing. Can’t wait
I'd say you'll love it,I almost did ,and I certainly overheard other patrons enthuse about it.

It's like a boring scarfolk. I haven't revealed any spoilers but I feel bad for my negative review now,I hope I haven't tainted it for you. If I have I apologize sincerely.

the kid went to see it on saturday night and by the sounds of it the whole experience was horrific.

Not the movie, the audience.
Yeah I went on Sunday night in Rathmines with a mate, so it wasn't very crowded. Thing is we always sit right near the front cause we both love having the sound blast at us, but there was definitely a fair amount of noise further back in the cinema. I mean it was mostly laughing and stuff, which is fair enough, but there was definitely one lad back there who seemed to be watching the funniest film he's ever seen and was guffawing at just tiny things, glad he was way back from us.

One of my favourite Humphrey Bogart films, the unfortunately titled, Dark Passage (1947)
Wrongly convicted of murdering his wife, Bogie breaks out of prison to try clear his name.
What makes it unique is you don't see his face until half way through the film. It uses point of view shots and his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back