What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Flux Gourmet, really liked it. Most recent Peter Strickland movie. I think if you liked his other movies you'll like this comedy.

I wonder if tv is a better medium for him. I'd be interested in a Peter Strickland anthology show of 30 - 45 min stand alone stories.
was thinking the same after watching it last night. Always am drawn to the style of his stuff but it can drag on for a bit too long. I think FG holds you pretty well though.

Right on about Strickland's stuff having a TV feel...which is sad because he's clearly a man of cinema.

The Duke of Burgundy is his stand-alone quality work.

Flux Gourmet was miles too long and has a bang of something like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen humour wise. At 75 minutes, it could have worked.

The one before that. Where the guy repairs washing machines...very Armando Iannucci feel to that segment. In Fabric. It's that quirky, dark British comedy thing.

Apparently he has all these scripts but he can't get anyone to produce them...they must be truly out to lunch.

The worst person in the world. This was good. Although, wasn’t quite the light drama I was hoping for last night.

With all the recent talk of Jeanne Dielman 23…. and the recent Sight And Sound list, I watched it tonight. I can understand artistically, given the time and content and having a female director etc why it is highly regarded. Some brilliant photography in it. there are many things to like and enjoy about it. But ultimately after nearly 3 and a half hours my main take home point is, what a fucking tedious movie

The inglorious bastards. The Italian one from the late 70's. Lot less comical than Tarantino's version. it also has that thing, that went out of fashion by late 80's, where if someone is shot or blown up, they do a big dramatic spin in the air.

See How They Run. Funny.
I liked this well enough but not as much as I expected to like it. Will probably give it another go. It also made me want to check out The Mousetrap again. I saw a production in Dublin a few years ago and found it really disappointing.

I watched the 1953 War of the Worlds again

Still love it despite the heavy-handed and relentless Christian overtones

While looking up IMDB I was pleased to see this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched the 1953 War of the Worlds again

Still love it despite the heavy-handed and relentless Christian overtones

While looking up IMDB I was pleased to see this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love that Spielberg version

Users who are viewing this thread

• David Kronenbourg
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back