What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Rare that I would comment on this thread but have to give a wtf to that shidhead comment about Colin Farrell.

Jesus, what an actor. But actually maybe he's at his weakest in McDonough.

Yes, he's unreal in The North Water. He raises it above the shit middle brow BBC level. He's hilarious in it. So tuned into the darkness...

Another thing he has in his favour, the dark humour with gravitas he tapped into in the otherwise pile of shit second season of True Detective [ his unpredictable turn ensured I lasted to the halfway point with this turkey]

So no surprise he's in the new Todd Solondz filmed in Ireland.

Get in Farrell you absolute ledgebag [ apart from in Martin McDonagh].

Anyway, we all have actors we like and dislike.

As a failed actor, I love him because I genuinely feel he has the gift and imagination...he's got those indefinable qualities that make the great actor [ re: Joaquin Phoenix, Nic Cage, etc], paradoxically at his weakest closer to home.

Also The New World [look, I could be here all day].
The man speaks truth

haven't seen it yet but The Wonder was released on Netflix yesterday. Thats the one they made up the Dublin mountains, between the featherbeds and Glencree. Looks to be heavy going, but probably worth the watch for the scenery.
this was mostly tedious, but the ending is satisfying so it probably worth watching for that along.

on the wicklow theme, I watched some of Disenchanted to see how Enniskerry looked. It looked fine but that movie was painful. Turned it off after 40 minutes.

Watched 'On The Rocks' last night (Rashida Jones and Bill Murray). Its a good old watch, probably standard enough dark comedy fare from Sofia Coppola

Over the weekend.
Cop shop. Slightly comic action film. Not the greatest film ever, but a good watch.

The last broadcast. I'd seen it years ago, and wanted the rewatch. It's mostly holds up, especially for a low budget indy film from the late 90's.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Classics. 10/10. Would watch again in a few days. Though these were the theatrical cuts (I was on a plane) so missing some essential material.

Get Out: Could see the twists coming from a mile off but still very much enjoyed the ride. Need to watch Peele’s other movies

Thor: Not sure which Thor movie, Christian Bale was in it? Pure dog shit.

Columnist. A Dutch columnist overly anxious about being abused on line and under pressure to get her novel written, goes after the trolls abusing her on social media. Not bad, bit lighter than the description reads.

Last night:
Barb wire. Still a mess.
Frontier(s) Director's cut. Violent and Dystopia.
Ludo. Indian film about two couples, desperate to party and hook up, end up in a shopping centre, after it's closed when they encounter an elderly coupe with a game. The game is the manifestation of an ancient evil entity. Very bloody results, also the first half is about the two couples, the second half about the elderly couple and the back story of the game. Pretty good

Bloody muscle bodybuilder in hell. This was so much fun. A no budget Japanese version of Evil dead. It has everything, humor, all practical fx including using stop motion/ clay motion, a barely there ridiculous story, non stop action for 50 of the 60 min run time.

It A Wonderful Life

Lighthouse loyalty club screening with drinks and mince pies beforehand! I ate 5 mince pies.

And cried my eyes out at the movie.Havent seen it in 20 years. Fucking amazing 10/10 what a film.

Really enjoyed The Wonder. I defo think it could have been better, but that'd probably involve making it do what I wanted it to do, and say what I think is important. So on its own terms it was really good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back