What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Went to see Wakanda Forever earlier. Enjoyed it but it’s definitely not as good as the first one. It’s genuinely very sad in places with lots of crying and people dealing with grief in various ways. Angela Bassett is great.

Went to see Wakanda Forever earlier. Enjoyed it but it’s definitely not as good as the first one. It’s genuinely very sad in places with lots of crying and people dealing with grief in various ways. Angela Bassett is great.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

haven't seen it yet but The Wonder was released on Netflix yesterday. Thats the one they made up the Dublin mountains, between the featherbeds and Glencree. Looks to be heavy going, but probably worth the watch for the scenery.

gleeson is brilliant but he didn't seem believable for a character on a remote island during the civil war. the sister was good but she had a dublin accent ffs. part shortt (the barman) gave the most authentic performance imo. the simple kid was great at times but then why is he saying things like "touche"? i already said i think colin farrell is shite. why would a donkey choke on a finger? the whole fingers thing in the first place. the whole premise, for that matter, of two guys being best friends and having a bromantic breakup turned into a feud is the stuff of 2022. they just go to the pub every day, they never work? people were broke as fuck back in those days. i mean, it had its moments but i just couldn't believe it.

I saw Banshees last week, I thought it was pretty good but like it doesn't really have anything to say, as pointed out above the 'plot' is just nonsense really, except that the sister is the only really interesting character in the whole thing. As she said, the rest of them are all tedious shites.
The biggest problem for me is that because of the setting and the nature of the film, you just can't help but think of The Field when you're watching it, and sure it ain't a fucking patch on The Field.
It's certainly not up to the heights of Three Billboards, not by a distance.

Finally, Farrell is fucking beast these days, and Gleeson is established class. I don't find any fault with the acting in the film, except that shitebag Keoghan who is well along the path to playing the same fucking character in everything.

Rare that I would comment on this thread but have to give a wtf to that shidhead comment about Colin Farrell.

Jesus, what an actor. But actually maybe he's at his weakest in McDonough.

Yes, he's unreal in The North Water. He raises it above the shit middle brow BBC level. He's hilarious in it. So tuned into the darkness...

Another thing he has in his favour, the dark humour with gravitas he tapped into in the otherwise pile of shit second season of True Detective [ his unpredictable turn ensured I lasted to the halfway point with this turkey]

So no surprise he's in the new Todd Solondz filmed in Ireland.

Get in Farrell you absolute ledgebag [ apart from in Martin McDonagh].

Anyway, we all have actors we like and dislike.

As a failed actor, I love him because I genuinely feel he has the gift and imagination...he's got those indefinable qualities that make the great actor [ re: Joaquin Phoenix, Nic Cage, etc], paradoxically at his weakest closer to home.

Also The New World [look, I could be here all day].

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back