What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

black telephone is like a horror remake of home alone
I liked it but it was like the shining without any of the depth or lore. Like why was the sister having premonitions? Didn't explain that or the ghosts or any of the supernatural stuff. It was just there. The scene where's training how to fight with the tough kid ghost was gas though.

Like why was the sister having premonitions?
she added nothing to the plot. why was she even there? the dad character completely changed about half way through. what happened to the grate he pulled off the window? the bit with the freezer - why was that left in? what was the point of that? the brother max - is that supposed to be some sort of a reverse hitchcock/psycho thing? pointless. etc

Those are all valid points. It was far from perfect.

although the sister found the gaf with the bodies in it, she wasn't superfluous

There may have been more style than substance with the movie but I'm ok with that. I wasn't expecting anything going in.

It's an entertaining 6/10

Last edited:
The love witch (2016)

I discovered this via the very good YouTube film review channel Terry talks movies. Released in 2016 but it looks like it's from the early 70. A retro, kitschy, Ultra stylised, postmodern tale of a love obsessed witch who uses witchcraft to seduce a series of men. Although she obviously doesn't need to use any spells because she's gorgeous. Really cool film.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back