What movie did you watch last night? (29 Viewers)

Original Oldboy ... Great!
The Unbearable Weight Of NIck Cage ... Great!
The Black Telephone ... Great!

Cheating. but Apocalypse Now Final Cut came on the tv and I'm watching it.

Is this better than sleeping? I'm not sure.

It looks incredible. The score is a bit odd. But I can't help but notice how it's influenced every other movie in its vein.

What's this whole bit with the French people? I don't remember that from before. If it was in an earlier cut, it's evidently forgettable.

It was a special 'Director's Cut' thing or some shit, I saw that version in the cinema. Good evidence that sometimes studios cut the right stuff out
I once worked with a South African guy who had gone AWOL from the French Foreign Legion, in order to be essentially homeless in London. Eventually he followed his girlfriend to America, where he was illegal. This was not a man who made sensible decisions. He was a beast though.

But anyway, he pointedly would wear a t-shirt that said "Dien Bien Phu". You can Google that at your leisure, but he would wear that in front of his French army superiors.

My point is the French influence on the whole Vietnam situation is worth noting (and I thank them for banh mi), but god that bit of the movie was a bit was boring. Even though it had BOOBS. tss, the 70's, eh?

I once worked with a South African guy who had gone AWOL from the French Foreign Legion, in order to be essentially homeless in London. Eventually he followed his girlfriend to America, where he was illegal. This was not a man who made sensible decisions. He was a beast though.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, he's the only Legionnaire I've ever met. I can't even tell you the nutso shit he did. But if you wanted a man to, for example, dig a hole and then fill it in again, this. was. your. guy.

I would have thought your reference would've been this:

I watched Bullet Train at a sneak preview yoke in town

I regret to inform the forum, that is not very good. Despite me wanting it to be.

For the love of god can we give the chatty quirky assassin thing a fucking rest?

on a long return plane journey:

1. Licorice pizza - grand, 70s nostalgia with a few dark turns
2. Blade runner 2040wotsit - good. builds upon rather than shit all over the original. all the leads are essentially playing the same characters they always play, but gets the atmosphere right.
3. Nitemare alley - pick of the bunch IMHO, if a little stagey in places.
4. the unbearbale weight of talent or whatever - NIck Cage taking the piss out of himself in a contrived bromance action comedy? whats not to love.

on a long return plane journey:

1. Licorice pizza - grand, 70s nostalgia with a few dark turns
2. Blade runner 2040wotsit - good. builds upon rather than shit all over the original. all the leads are essentially playing the same characters they always play, but gets the atmosphere right.
3. Nitemare alley - pick of the bunch IMHO, if a little stagey in places.
4. the unbearbale weight of talent or whatever - NIck Cage taking the piss out of himself in a contrived bromance action comedy? whats not to love.
I really want to see the second two. I liked Blade Runner but have never seen the original. No interest in Licorice Pizza at all.

Yeah
They somehow did the "The Force Awakens" thing of kinda sorta remaking the first film, like rearranged furniture, but still wholly enjoyable
I liked it in the cinema. Enjoyed it even more second time around. They really thought about what they were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back