What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Tall Shadows Of The Wind - pretty good Iranian folk horror. It went over my head but apparently it's very allegorical and was banned both pre and post revolution.

The Brick & The Mirror - another Iranian one, about a taxi driver who finds a baby abandoned in his car. Excellent.

The Double Life of Veronique

very beautiful movie about intuition and... mysterious connection, I suppose. very hard to describe. like if the cocteau twins were a movie. Kieślowski was such a miracle-worker. all looks very 90s now, in a way that’s difficult to articulate but still luscious to look at. definitely worth a watch.

on a roll now. re-watched three colours: blue last night, for the first time in probably twenty years. I’m more and more convinced that kieślowski basically invented the entire visual style of the 1990s. every music video of that decade was basically an attempt at ripping off something that he’d already nailed.

anyway it’s still an amazing movie. deserves all the praise that was heaped upon it, and on the whole trilogy. was just a pity that the audio in the apple tv stream got a bit wonky sometimes.

After looking forward to it for so long I was a little disappointed with Death on the Nile, and like thus guy says, the cgi was atrocious
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After looking forward to it for so long I was a little disappointed with Death on the Nile, and like thus guy says, the cgi was atrocious
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We got halfway through on Saturday. The background CGI is really fake looking alright.

Hail Caesar! - really enjoyed it. I had seen about half an hour of the middle of it before but watched the whole thing there and it was great. Had a surprisingly low rating on IMDB (6.3) which I thought was strange.

Started watching The Lighthouse and think it’s excellent so far. Will watch the other half at the weekend.

Yesterday I saw AMBALAMPS eh I mean AMBULANCE, the latest Michael Bay infliction on the screen.
Here's the thing though - it's actually fuckin AMAZIN! Michael Bay has made a class film! It's a superb chase film on the back of a bungled bank heist, like for real this is one of the best chase action movies ever. The stunts aren't on Mad Max level, but some of the camera work is right up there, there's loads of drone shots that look fucking great, the action cinematography here is fuckin top notch.
Seriously, this film is fucking great shit to the extent that I might even go see it again if I get the chance. It's not just the action either, Jake Gyllenhall is fuckin class in a role that feels a bit late he's taking the 'Nightcrawler' part to extreme levels. He actually reminds me of Paul Reiser in Aliens in this, he reaches that level of utter cuntishness, it's brilliant.

Yesterday I saw AMBALAMPS eh I mean AMBULANCE, the latest Michael Bay infliction on the screen.
Here's the thing though - it's actually fuckin AMAZIN! Michael Bay has made a class film! It's a superb chase film on the back of a bungled bank heist, like for real this is one of the best chase action movies ever. The stunts aren't on Mad Max level, but some of the camera work is right up there, there's loads of drone shots that look fucking great, the action cinematography here is fuckin top notch.
Seriously, this film is fucking great shit to the extent that I might even go see it again if I get the chance. It's not just the action either, Jake Gyllenhall is fuckin class in a role that feels a bit late he's taking the 'Nightcrawler' part to extreme levels. He actually reminds me of Paul Reiser in Aliens in this, he reaches that level of utter cuntishness, it's brilliant.
,Cant wait for this!

Good christ, that's heavy

"These three semi-autobiographical short films by Terence Davies follow the journey of Robert Tucker, first seen as a hangdog child in "Children", then as a hollow-eyed middle-aged man in "Madonna and Child", and finally as a decrepit old man in "Death and Transfiguration". Dreamlike and profoundly moving."

on a roll now. re-watched three colours: blue last night, for the first time in probably twenty years. I’m more and more convinced that kieślowski basically invented the entire visual style of the 1990s. every music video of that decade was basically an attempt at ripping off something that he’d already nailed.

anyway it’s still an amazing movie. deserves all the praise that was heaped upon it, and on the whole trilogy. was just a pity that the audio in the apple tv stream got a bit wonky sometimes.
Went through a lot of his movies a few years ago. Love them. Have you seen the Dekalog series he did? Amazing. Picked up a brilliant Arrow box set of it for pretty cheap at the time

Managed the first 15 minutes of Spider-Man Homecoming. Fucking awful pile of muck.

Watched the first half of the new Death on the Nile. Also quite poor but easier to watch, no Tom Holland saying “Jimminy jillickers!” over and over but Gal Gadot has to be one of the worst actresses working at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back