What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Licorice Pizza.

Well captured mood. I liked it

Kinda didn't know what was going on for a bit till the humour started settling in, the truck scene rediculous* but terrifying

*especially if you know how brake hydraulics actually work

will watch again for sure

Almodovar's 'Parallel Mothers'

Without explaining too much, on the one hand, this film is a drama kind of about an accidental baby mix-up in a hospital. On the other hand, it's a damning attack on the legacy left by the Franco bastards, and how the right in Spain are trying to cover up fascist atrocities in an effort to erase history.
It's a fuckin brilliant film and really important for dealing with the Falange scum and their apologists. Another Almodovar great.

victoria

one of the best movies I have ever seen

I will never watch it again
amazing movie. One of my absolute favourites. Best to go into it knowing as little as possible about it. Thankfully that's how I saw it.

can confirm it stands up to a few watches. have intentionally not watched it in 3 or so years though

on a similar kick to Victoria, watched Boiling Point the other night, thought it was great. Pretty much immediately into it, great 90 minutes of simmering tension, if you'll pardon the pun

The Lost Daughter, good drama. Enjoyed it. Olivia Coleman/Jessie Buckley excellent

amazing movie. One of my absolute favourites. Best to go into it knowing as little as possible about it. Thankfully that's how I saw it.

can confirm it stands up to a few watches. have intentionally not watched it in 3 or so years though

Oh yeah, I can totally imagine giving it a serious close watch second or third go, I just need to take maybe a decade or so to calm down first

you bastard, i had lined up a very similar line in case someone asked me which jack reacher movie. cos they all blend together these days.
since you all asked, the movie i watched last night was 'jack reacher: you went full reacharound. never go full reacharound'.

it even has that tom cruise link.

A grim 1970s Glasgow childhood, very good

This kinda simple guy who helps his elderly parents run their nudist campsite loses his hammer. Quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

• jimmybreeze
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back