What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

The Terminal. I always thought I'd like it. I like one scene things, like phone booth or episodes of Bottom where its just the two of them. I certainly wasn't expecting Tom Hanks to be playing an Eastern European guy, quite badly. Or it to be so unbelievable and stupid. Oh well, I've seen it now.

For the sake of vicious. Very violent revenge/home invasion film. Short,tension filled and really good.

At a guess, my "I didn't hate Don't Look Up" opinion is about as popular as my "I didn't hate Joker" opinion.

I liked and I'll do a rewatch soon enough. Like I can totally understand the shooting fish in a barrel comedy criticism of it, those people are not wrong. I was thinking if in 10 years someone asked me 'what was all that trump/climate denial/anti vax craic actually like' i'd just tell them to watch that as a mood piece. also meryl streep hamming it up is a joy.

My only complaint is that it was really, really long for no good reason. Chalamet's hair did not disappoint.

I preferred it to The Big Short, which I found obnoxious.

I just rewatched Platoon.

Because it's a war movie on a Saturday afternoon, and that's who I am now.

It does feed into a bit of chat that is happening elsewhere on this site. Men are boys, basically.

It reminded me of standing at a Cham settlement not far from Danang. The tour guide told us "Stick to the path, on the left, there is funnel web spiders, on the right, there are landmines". He was a good tour guide.

Anyway I stood there looking at the mountains and the jungle and an American next to me said something like "It's a beautiful country isn't it?"
I felt compelled to reply "How did you guys ever think you could defeat an indigenous guerilla force in this terrain? The French failed utterly, what made you guys think you could do better?"
He neither liked nor expected that.

And Tony Todd is in it, so it wins.

Deadly Cuts on Netflix. Never knew it existed before. Its good craic.

And some film made in Cavan whose name I can't think of. Dark as fuck and it'd depress the hell out of you, but its funny at the same time. I thought the music was great too, especially Floating playing loud over the closing credits.

I just rewatched Platoon.

Because it's a war movie on a Saturday afternoon, and that's who I am now.

I just watched the documentary about Platoon.
Actually I watched most of it a couple of days ago, and finished it tonight. It ebbs and flows but it gets good again just when it needs to.

I invited herself to sit down and watch that last bit of it, and she told me she's never seen Platoon.

There was much wtf in this household. I guess I have to rewatch Platoon. It's a hard life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back