What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

The suicide squad. Cgi heavy blockbuster rubbish. Better than that awful first one, but it would be hard to be worse than that. Also, Margot Robbie is a far better actor, than those films deserve.

An umpteenth rewatch of The Maltese Falcon

I love the dialogue in movies from this era

My girlfriend asked from the other room I felt I was watching a comedy as I laughed a thing this wonderful line

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Which version of Cape Fear?
Scorsese . Its a mental movie.. I remember coming outta the Savoy thinking it was the GOAT ..but I dunno. It just felt a bit TOO long to me this time around.

Actually, I'll revise my score and give it an 8... its got so many great scenes

Hail, Caesar!

Coen bros thing. On a surface watch, its a bit or a lark, Clooney is always cheesy fun, nice direction and staging and visual fun and all that. It is essentially is from the exact same canon as Once Upon a time in Hollywood..

On further reading essentially the whole movie is a riff on the hollywood blacklist- this paragraph from Hedda Hopper's wiki is essentially nearly the film synopsis:

Hopper was one of the driving forces behind the creation of the Hollywood blacklist, using her 35 million strong readership to destroy the careers of those in the entertainment industry whom she suspected of being a Communist, having Communist sympathies, being homosexual, or leading dissolute lives.[6][24] She was a leading member of the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals, founded in 1944 and devoted to rooting out suspected Communists in Hollywood.[25][26] She considered herself to be a guardian of moral standards in Hollywood and bragged that she need only wag her finger at a producer and he would break off an adulterous affair instantly.[3]

One of Hopper's victims was screenwriter Dalton Trumbo, who was blacklisted throughout the late 1940s and 1950s partially through Hopper's consistently negative coverage of his Communist Party membership. When actor Kirk Douglas hired Trumbo to write the screenplay for Spartacus (1960), Hopper denounced the film in her column, stating that "[the script is based on] a book written by a Commie and the screen script was written by a Commie, so don't go see it."[27][28] The film was a critical and financial success.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back