What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Shang-Chi. This was way better than I was expecting. There’s some really great fight choreography in it, but there’s one fight near the start that’s just choreography and looks amazing. Aside from some background San Francisco extras there are only two Caucasians in supporting roles in the whole film, and a surprising amount of it is subtitled. I don’t think we (“westerners”) are the largest target market for this one and I’d be curious to see how it does in China.

Also, you can see Razorfist’s playlist in his car at one point and it starts with Black Hole Sun and Tommy The Cat so there’s that too.

Is that the one with the prison fights. I liked that
Theres a couple of fights in it. They're decent.

Its no Brawl In Cell Block 9 ..but there isnt many of that calibre.

On Saturday afternoon me and daughter watched MidSommaR on netflix. My first time seeing it since the cinema..akthough the young wan knows it off by heart at this stage gawdblessher.

It was even better the second time. Its not the 10/10 masterpiece that Hereditary is.. but it is certainly a 9/10 minor masterpiece. Its a feast for the eyes and completely demented and I love it unconditionally. Actually fuck it it is 10/10 I wouldnt change anything.

Its got some opening scene.

Theres a couple of fights in it. They're decent.

Its no Brawl In Cell Block 9 ..but there isnt many of that calibre.

On Saturday afternoon me and daughter watched MidSommaR on netflix. My first time seeing it since the cinema..akthough the young wan knows it off by heart at this stage gawdblessher.

It was even better the second time. Its not the 10/10 masterpiece that Hereditary is.. but it is certainly a 9/10 minor masterpiece. Its a feast for the eyes and completely demented and I love it unconditionally. Actually fuck it it is 10/10 I wouldnt change anything.

Its got some opening scene.
Yeah I can't wait for his next film

Hereditary is laughable shite. Midsommar was pretty good though, but on the other hand, I've already seen the Wicker Man loads thanks.

Last night I saw Pig. It wasn't a crazy Cage revenge movie like I thought after the trailer. It's pretty good though, another mark against any wanker that says Cage can't act. He's fuckin great when he wants to be/is in the right movie/is given the right part.

I watched Worth on Netflix about the families of 9/11 victims struggle to get compensation. It has Michael Keaton in it which is a plus, but otherwise it's just one of these slick, slightly mawkish, message movies

John Carpenter's Ghosts Of Mars

Saw this about 18 years ago, thought I'd watch it again for a laugh.
Total bollocks in a good way, splendidly silly John Carpenter does Mars Orc-Zombies film. Complete with ludicrous soundtrack by JC where he basically just plays metal over orc-zombie attacks. It even goes grindcore towards the end. Amazin for head banging in a cinema I'd say.

John Carpenter's Ghosts Of Mars

Saw this about 18 years ago, thought I'd watch it again for a laugh.
Total bollocks in a good way, splendidly silly John Carpenter does Mars Orc-Zombies film. Complete with ludicrous soundtrack by JC where he basically just plays metal over orc-zombie attacks. It even goes grindcore towards the end. Amazin for head banging in a cinema I'd say.
Incredibly watchable when you think about how shit it should be. Soundtrack is gas.

Cobra on ITV4 last night. I clocked out around the final third. Starts off really good though.

Slaxx. A possessed pair of jeans go on a rampage in a very hip Canadian cloths store. Not really a horror, more a comedy with lots of gore/kills.

The Courier. Cold War movie based on real events starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I like a good spy movie. This was good worth a watch, but I wanted it to be great.

Also watched The exorcist 3. Its wrecking my head trying to remember the band that sampled the "i believe.." speech.

Hereditary is laughable shite. Midsommar was pretty good though, but on the other hand, I've already seen the Wicker Man loads thanks
I dont understand the hate for Hereditary. A lot of people I know hate it but to me it's one of the best horrors or recent times. I wanted to love Midsomnar, but too many cliched tropes and horrible protagonists ruined it for me. Keep meaning to give it another go.

I still haven’t seen Herediary and Midsommar. I’m kind of wary as the only other horror I can think of with same level of hype and praise from mainstream audiences is The Babadook which I thought was woeful nonsense.

I like The babadook, so there. Red Lights was fairly good, right up to the last scene where they get off the plane and it just got silly.
I must give it another go though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back