What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Freaky - Vince Vaughn is a serial killer psycho who switches bodies with a teenage girl he tries to murder due to a mystical Aztec knife he was using.

Very funny and entertaining film, and actually feels like an original slasher coming out of Hollywood, an ultra-rare thing nowadays. The two leads (Vaughn and Kathryn Newton) are both great, it's brilliantly silly stuff.

The Tomorrow War.

Good craic and all. I forgot how much of a propaganda machine for the American Military Industrial Complex these big dumb movies are.

Anyway, it has J. K. Simmons, that's all you need to know.

The Day of the Beast
A basque priest finds by means of a cabalistic study of the bible that the anti-christ is going to be born on Christmas day in Madrid. Helped by a heavy-metal fan and by the showman of a TV esoteric program, he will try to invoke the devil to find out the place of birth and kill the baby.

Entertaining nonsense

The blues brothers.
Really enjoyed it. It's a lot longer than I remembered. A lot more car crashes as well.
Looks great. Really well directed. Although some of musical guests acting is a bit unconvincing.

The Maltese Falcon.
Watched this years ago but remember not giving it full attention and not being overly impressed. Watched it again last night with no distractions. Expecting to like it more on a second viewing with no distractions. Still only okay for me. Always is talked of as this amazing thriller. Tis alright like

i watched the death collector, an italian-american mafia movie from 1976 featuring joe pesci. like a slightly poor copy of mean streets in many respects. the editing wasn't great, but there was some decent acting and dialog. great to see joe pesci from that time. also featured frank vincent, so of great interest to fanatics of raging bull, like myself

During the week saw Escape Room 2. Fairly bleh film, watchable nonsense. After that I saw The Forever Purge. Amazing how such a nonsensical film can be so well made. Basically Michael Bay does The Purge, that's pretty much it. Uttered cliched bollocks, in other words.

Last night saw Riders Of Justice - fuckin classssss

Gravity.

Yeah, it's really good. It does need to be seen in a cinema. Reminds me of The Expanse. Is there a name for very realistic Sci Fi? I think I like it as a genre.

elaborate? Clooney was a bit blasé I suppose. It's rooted in fact, I assume some liberties were taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back